[SOLVED] HELP! My Parts Are Rapidly Slowing Down!

superboy808

Commendable
Mar 4, 2018
When I first got this computer in August (custom built, might I add), I had great benchmarks. Great, smooth, and silky speed. Benchmark #1

Lately I've noticed that I've been getting 40 FPS in almost all of my games and usages were high and things were quite laggy. Benchmark #2 To my ALARM my CPU had been performing in the 1% percentile. I have one of the slowest ever I5 8600k's, yet previously it was super high!? I don't understand it. I have no viruses according to TotalAV, and I really, really, need help.

Solution
Cool,ok, then that's fine. I was just explaining why your cpu is probably scoring ''way below expectations'' on userbenchmark because it is unable to reach its max speed compared to the first test you did with it was hitting 4.8Ghz.
When I first got this computer in August (custom built, might I add), I had great benchmarks. Great, smooth, and silky speed. Benchmark #1

Lately I've noticed that I've been getting 40 FPS in almost all of my games and usages were high and things were quite laggy. Benchmark #2 To my ALARM my CPU had been performing in the 1% percentile. I have one of the slowest ever I5 8600k's, yet previously it was super high!? I don't understand it. I have no viruses according to TotalAV, and I really, really, need help.
I would try uodating your bios your running the mid bios update there been like 4 more since that one

Reactions: kurdtnz
Im an AMD guy and so not totally sure it goes the same for Intel but on that 2nd benchmark you posted, the background cpu usage is huge, 72%, you must have alot going on in the background while you run the userbenchmark, i'd say that's impeding your cpu quite alot.

superboy808

Commendable
Mar 4, 2018
Im an AMD guy and so not totally sure it goes the same for Intel but on that 2nd benchmark you posted, the background cpu usage is huge, 72%, you must have alot going on in the background while you run the userbenchmark, i'd say that's impeding your cpu quite alot.
I was simply streaming a video. Yeah.

By the looks of it your cpu is only running at its base speed of 3.6Ghz and not boosting to its max of 4.8Ghz. You'll need one of the more experienced members to advise you because you may have something turned off in the BIOS that is stopping your cpu to boost.

Last edited:

superboy808

Commendable
Mar 4, 2018
By the looks of it your cpu is only running at its base speed of 3.8Ghz and not boosting to its max of 4.8Ghz. You'll need one of the more experienced members to advise you because you may have something turned off in the BIOS that is stopping your cpu to boost.
I intentionally stopped OCing. I don't need to. It's pointless in my opinion.

3.6 GHZ should be plenty fine to run Minecraft at more than 60 FPS.

Cool,ok, then that's fine. I was just explaining why your cpu is probably scoring ''way below expectations'' on userbenchmark because it is unable to reach its max speed compared to the first test you did with it was hitting 4.8Ghz.

Solution

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
.I have one of the slowest ever I5 8600k's, yet previously it was super high!? I don't understand it.
I intentionally stopped OCing. I don't need to. It's pointless in my opinion.

All the benchmark and reviews you see on the internet about intel CPUs are with boost enabled. if you disable boosting, you get what you get.
That's why boost is enabled by default.
before you ask about the duration of the boost, it's all about CPU cooling. better cooling = longer boost.

superboy808

Commendable
Mar 4, 2018
All the benchmark and reviews you see on the internet about intel CPUs are with boost enabled. if you disable boosting, you get what you get.
That's why boost is enabled by default.
before you ask about the duration of the boost, it's all about CPU cooling. better cooling = longer boost.
I don't think you understand. I disabled my OC about a month ago. Ever since last week I've been getting terribly low FPS. The point is not that it says I'm in the 1% of I5 8600k's, the point is that I'm getting 40 FPS in games that I used to get 250 FPS in at least.