[SOLVED] (Help) My pc keeps shutting down, not sure if its powersupply

tim.grunewald

Commendable
Oct 2, 2018
Hi Forum, i've seen this problem when i google the symptoms my PC has but im not quite sure if the PSU is the problem so i wondered if i could get ur opinion or some advice.

My pc is build from old and new parts, currently the old parts are the HDD drives, psu and fans.

I recently bought a Ryzen 5 2400 3.4 ghz processor and a used inno3d Gtx 1070 8GB Gpu.

I also have 2 Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 Ram on my MSI B450M PRO-M2 motherboard.

CPU, RAM and Motherboard is all 3-4 months old. used inno3d gpu is 16 months old.
My current PSU runs at 600 watts

My problem:

Everytime that i play a game that asks alot performance from my PC (rainbow six siege or pubg) my PC shuts down and wont instantly start back up even though im pressing the power button (this however, differs from time to time). I already checked my temps and my cpu reaches about 40 to 50 degrees celsius when playing PUBG and my GPU reaches a max of 77 degrees celsius while playing so i dont necessarily think its one of those components. I bought my motherboard and ram together with my CPU so i dont think thats the case.

Personally i think its my PSU but i dont have much money to spend so i wouldnt like buying a new psu only to find out that was not my issue.

sorry if i didnt include enough info, feel free to ask for more.

Solution
But the quality of that unit is definitely questionable. I would look into replacing ASAP.

+1. Totally agree with you. The OP must consider changing his current PSU model for good. A system reboot or a shutdown could be a possible sign of a failing/weak PSU, assuming his all other PC components are Okay..

g-unit1111

Titan
Reactions: Metal Messiah.

g-unit1111

Titan
+1. Totally agree with you. The OP must consider changing his current PSU model for good. A system reboot or a shutdown could be a possible sign of a failing/weak PSU, assuming his all other PC components are Okay..

Exactly, it's one thing to have the required wattage needed for your system, but it's another thing entirely to have a quality unit and I've seen so many times where people don't buy quality supplies and most of the time it's because they don't know any better and the other times it's because they don't bother to do any research or even don't care about what they are buying. Even I've been burned on junker units (never buy Ultra brand anything) and you have to be really careful when selecting the right one.