Help needed in first Vgap 4 game

I was a expert in vgap 3, but I'm a total newbie to vgap 4

I will play the Empire, with the below setting, could you make
recommendation on what to build (planet tech) for turn 1-5
and maybe for ship too

For ship I will build a few mig, but no idea on what number I will be
able to build, after building planet tech needed for making ship.

Also I must start the production of ground troops, I know I have to
capture 1 or 2 HW early (before turn 20), or die to other races, superior
grow factor, and economy.

I was a defensive player in Vgap3, building massive fleet and starting
to kill everything at ship limit 500

Now With the Empire in vgap 4 I will have to be an agressive player,
for a change.

I would also like a few tips on buying and selling contraband for my
game.

Thank you

2,000,000 colonists
Massive minerals
10000 money
No metals or cargo
No natives
No contraband
You do start with only a Government center.
So watch what you do.
Other planets Settings
No contraband
Massive minerals

Other Universe Settings
500 Ion cannon range
500 AA gun range
1 pod scan range
5 pod cost

Additional Game Infomation/Design
No preformed alliances
No alliances allowed at all.
All starting tech is set to 0.
No free tech in base.

Tell me on the banter board if you would like to
be placed in the center area or on the edge.
First come first serve.

There are 14 planets on the outside
There are 9 planets on an inner circle
There are 7 planets in the center area.

If the players wish to increase the freqency
of turns a unanimous vote is necessary.

If players wish to change days of turn a
simple magority will do.

If the players wish to lower frequency a two
thirds magority will do.

Remember this game is an experiment, tell
me if you have any problems. So that in
the future the next game will be better.

I'm no EE player, only fight against some. But I think it is the wrong
game for the EE without an Assault Plant (to start with building some
Crawlers) and Air Attack Base (to build mixed wings).

lordlancelot schrieb:
> I will play the Empire, with the below setting, could you make
> recommendation on what to build (planet tech) for turn 1-5
> and maybe for ship too
>
> For ship I will build a few mig, but no idea on what number I will be
> able to build, after building planet tech needed for making ship.
>
> Also I must start the production of ground troops, I know I have to
> capture 1 or 2 HW early (before turn 20), or die to other races, superior
> grow factor, and economy.

With the below setting, you need Planet Tech 12 first to build a Assault
Plant to build then some BT7 Crawler which then build you other ground
units for free. So you need 13 turns before you can build your first
crawler and many money to come to PT 12.
So if you really want to take a HW by GA you must do the most with
Troops, Crew and HGs. The HG training is limited by food on the Base.

> I would also like a few tips on buying and selling contraband for my
> game.

No expert in this, so can not say much to it.
If the prices is fallen enough (or low wnough) I buy a big amount of one
typ and sell it if the price is higher (mostly the next turn). Take a
look on the other races in game and which they like, so you may get
hints which contra will rise up in the game.
But there maybe some (undocumented) changes in the last host which tweak
the money you can earn.

> Thank you
>

> 2,000,000 colonists
> Massive minerals
> 10000 money
> No metals or cargo
> No natives
> No contraband
> You do start with only a Government center.

Not good, cause you must build a Assault Plant (Tech 12) before you can
build the Crawler which build you other free Ground Units.

> So watch what you do.
> Other planets Settings
> No contraband

Not good for EE, cause they can gather up the contra quickly. But maybe
not good for other races too which had a Contraband Dust Off.

> Massive minerals
>
> Other Universe Settings
> 500 Ion cannon range
> 500 AA gun range
> 1 pod scan range
> 5 pod cost

Good if some planets are near enough to make Bases with Pods. But

> Additional Game Infomation/Design
> No preformed alliances
> No alliances allowed at all.
> All starting tech is set to 0.

Good for you, as the hyping tech is quicker (and cheaper) reasearched to
full level then the engine tech.

> No free tech in base.
>
> Tell me on the banter board if you would like to
> be placed in the center area or on the edge.
> First come first serve.
>
> There are 14 planets on the outside
> There are 9 planets on an inner circle
> There are 7 planets in the center area.

What do you pick or where do you start now ? How far away the other
planets or how great is the map ? Which are the other races in game ?

If you want concret hints you must give more infos, othersise the tips
can only be general tips which often not help or sometimes (against the
wrong races) are wrong.

Bye-Bye JoSch.

lordlancelot <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> writes

> I will play the Empire, with the below setting, could you make
>recommendation on what to build (planet tech) for turn 1-5
> and maybe for ship too

First factories. Use almost all supplies on those in turn 1. Otherwise
you will bottleneck on supplies.

Once the factories begin producing supplies, build farms and cities to
get cash.

> For ship I will build a few mig, but no idea on what number I will be
>able to build, after building planet tech needed for making ship.
>
> Also I must start the production of ground troops, I know I have to
>capture 1 or 2 HW early (before turn 20), or die to other races, superior
>grow factor, and economy.

That will require Training Centres

> I was a defensive player in Vgap3, building massive fleet and starting
>to kill everything at ship limit 500
>
> Now With the Empire in vgap 4 I will have to be an agressive player,
>for a change.
>
> I would also like a few tips on buying and selling contraband for my
>game.

Umm... tricky... basically just buy SOMETHING and wait 3 turns or so
until the price goes up. Don't by anything whose price is 2.2mc - that
means it won't change.

> No natives
> No contraband

These 2 things are bad for EE

> Other planets Settings
> No contraband

> 500 AA gun range

That's awkward for your fighters, but you have good ships too

> All starting tech is set to 0.

Yikes!

Not many planets. Um, you need to study ground combat. It is an EE
strength - but you know that because you want to train troops.
--
Paul Honigmann

hopefully ur HW has all the starting base structures...

so make sure you dont lose the assault plant as it will take a while to
get back :)

If there is enough MC and supplies, then all 400 will be built in one
turn.

Also, if there is enough MC, those new factories will also produce 400
supplies on that same turn.

More info
Host Version 4.0 Build 193
April 15th, 2005

--- Top 10 Empires ---
Points needed to win: 2000

I'm the Empire
30 race in game, 2 of each races

From turn #1 rst

1 planet, 1 base

0 starting ship

20 000 $

Totals For Our Empire
Colonists : 2000000
Troops : 0
High Guard : 0
Crew : 0

400 supply

all tech at 0

building on starting Ground base

1 city

1 fighter Plant

1 gouverment center
Money in Central bank now 2.143 gc

MY PLAN (trn not send yet)
So far

I raised all tech but, Large weapon, small weapon, point defence.

My focus will be on planet tech to 12 (Air base,Assault plant), hyp drive,
ship hull to 10 (Slayer)
and buying every cheap tech under 100 gc cost

delaying Large, Small, and point defence until I have a positive economy in
supply, money, food

TAXES
I let the taxe on ULTRA CONSERVATIVE, because I think it will help get my
colonist happy faster, and hoping it would help their growth rate.
I dont need money right now.
At what happyness #, should a put the taxes on Enslavement? and until
hapiness drop to what # ?

Complex tax system worth it for empire ? it only give me 200, Ultra conser
give me 4xx, and Enslavement 6xx

turn 2

I will build max farm possible
HOW DO I FIND OUT HOW MANY I CAN BUILD PER TURN, AND HOW MANY MAX ON PLANET
?
the climate is 52, the soil is 100
Empire min farming climate 45, max 65, favorite climate 55

than build max city possible each turn

Turn number 3
build what I need to make mig

Could you help, and give tips for turn 1-2-3

Questions:

We are using 1 resource points we have a total of 934 resource points. We
are using 0% of our resource limits.
I can have 933 ship and base total ?
ship cost 1 and base cost 1 ?
fighter wing cost 1 ?
All ship cost 1 ? a Mig or a Slayer ?

in my turn fro rst #1

I also made an order for 400 factory.

will they be build in the same turn ?

and be done, when I receive rst #2

Thanks

Can you answer my long post More specific...

"Amaranthine" <amaranthine1@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1114143017.540898.261500@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> If there is enough MC and supplies, then all 400 will be built in one
> turn.
>
> Also, if there is enough MC, those new factories will also produce 400
> supplies on that same turn.

EE needs as much income as it can get, so normally set to Enslavement.

Tax rate does not determine growth rate.

Tax rate for some races does affect happiness, which to a limited
extent affects growth.

Happiness can affect taxes.

Case where as EE you might need a lower tax rate: Major population
centers below 100 in happiness.
In that case Ultra Conservative for a turn or two. But a better
solution may be simply calling in the EPA.
Combined with building a PSP if you don't have one already.

And if you manage to get 300 colonist happiness in all your major
cities, switch to complex for a few turns.

lordlancelot schrieb:
> More info
> Host Version 4.0 Build 193
> April 15th, 2005
>
> --- Top 10 Empires ---
> Points needed to win: 2000

You can never win as you can not eliminate all other races in the game
before it ends. Soem tips / hints see inline.

> I'm the Empire
> 30 race in game, 2 of each races
>
> From turn #1 rst
>
> 1 planet, 1 base
>
> 0 starting ship
>
> 20 000 $
>
> Totals For Our Empire
> Colonists : 2000000
> Troops : 0
> High Guard : 0
> Crew : 0
>
> 400 supply
>
> all tech at 0
>
> building on starting Ground base
>
> 1 city
>
> 1 fighter Plant

How can you do it with PT (Planet Tech 1) ? The plant need PT 4.
And you should build as many farms as you can. Cost 5 MC + 1 Sup, but
give you one food + 1 MC each turn.

> 1 gouverment center
> Money in Central bank now 2.143 gc
>
> MY PLAN (trn not send yet)
> So far
>
> I raised all tech but, Large weapon, small weapon, point defence.
>
> My focus will be on planet tech to 12 (Air base,Assault plant), hyp drive,
> ship hull to 10 (Slayer)
> and buying every cheap tech under 100 gc cost

If I count it right to reach only the PT 12 you need 71,5K MCs. And for
the other Tech you need some money too.

> delaying Large, Small, and point defence until I have a positive economy in
> supply, money, food
>
> TAXES
> I let the taxe on ULTRA CONSERVATIVE, because I think it will help get my
> colonist happy faster, and hoping it would help their growth rate.
> I dont need money right now.

But you need it in a few turns, look at money you need only to reach PT 12.

> At what happyness #, should a put the taxes on Enslavement? and until
> hapiness drop to what # ?

Not really sure about, cause never played the EE. IMHO you should always
try to be over 100 happiness. you can change you tax rate each turn but
don't forget, the tax (and happiness) report is from the changes you
made 2 turns before. You can use PSP (Public Spaceports) to become your
colos happier.

> Complex tax system worth it for empire ? it only give me 200, Ultra conser
> give me 4xx, and Enslavement 6xx

What I would do (but no EE player):
Complex tax rate until the colos reach say 120-130 happiness then try it
with enslavement for one turn and switch back and see the effect on the
happiness.
Build max farms (look at the fig-button in the client, this can be 10 /
turn or max soil = 100 here, you need the food later), 1 Gov Center if
you have none (but think from your previous postings you get a starting
one), 100 or more factories and 1 city and maybe 1-5 Training Center
(later you need many crew, troops and HGs) and maybe some mines to get
the minerals out of the ground (later you can build up to 50 mines and 4
smelters without negative effects I could see in my games; depends on
the minerals in the ground

Tech that's not so easy here what I would try the first few turns:
Try as quickly to go to reach PT 4 (fighter plant and for ship building);
LW 3 Disruptors(3) and SCs (2)(better 10 for PPCs);
Small W depend on neighbours I don't like the PLs no SW-ET work on them
but maybe good enough at the beginning (if I have neighbours with large
armor like Lizie I try Positrons, better range, Armor drain and accuracy
but costly and only can fire every 10 ticks);
PD: 5 for the MSCs (second best intercept bonus against enemy LW fire)
and or 7 for TLs (AF = Anti Fighter);
Generator: 5 (the Servodyne 800 is the best low tech generator, I build
on this or the Tokamak);
Engines: You must go up to 11 for the Thylium Thruster or maybe 12 for
the (find the Enegy Conversion a nice engine with a decend speed and
full efficent but gives only 1 energie maybe used on Migs or other
"quick" ships)
hull 3 (Star Destroyer and H-Ross); Build the ships without Armor and
use repairs from for building armor.
To get repairs and ord you use the H-Ross and they can lay some mines
too for defence to slow down an enemy attack.
The Star Destroyer is important to get quickly informations with it's
devices) and can be used to from Wings (use replenish fighters at fihter
bay. but the new wings get first all Typ 3 then the T2 and at least the
cheap T1 up to 100 fighters for each wing. So if you will use mixed
wings you can only build one wing per turn.);
hyp: each turn;
shield: you have an advantage of 50% here (on some ships 100%) so you
should always use the best on the ships, that means on SDs and H-Ross
900er which are tech 7.

> turn 2
>
> I will build max farm possible
> HOW DO I FIND OUT HOW MANY I CAN BUILD PER TURN, AND HOW MANY MAX ON PLANET
> ?
> the climate is 52, the soil is 100
> Empire min farming climate 45, max 65, favorite climate 55

Look at my anwer for the first turn.

> than build max city possible each turn

3 effects, each city lower the grwoth a little (IIRR (if I remember
right) 0,1% per city) and if you have enough cities this increase the
sensor image of your Base (don't know the excact number if it starts
with 10 or 11 cities, maybe another of the group can answer it) and each
cities need 2 foods to run but your colos need some too and the HG
training need a stockpile on the Base.

> Turn number 3
> build what I need to make mig

Try to build a few PSPs for more happiness and maybe some natives will
appear there too.

> Could you help, and give tips for turn 1-2-3

Try it, but for a few turns more. But I'm no EE player and IMHO this is
not a good setting for the EE.

> Questions:
>
> We are using 1 resource points we have a total of 934 resource points. We
> are using 0% of our resource limits.
> I can have 933 ship and base total ?
> ship cost 1 and base cost 1 ?
> fighter wing cost 1 ?
> All ship cost 1 ? a Mig or a Slayer ?

All the objects belonging to you cost one RP. This mean your minefields,
ships, Pods, Bases and wings use up 1 RP.

Hope I could help. If you have questions or something is not clear to me
you can mail me directly by deleting the underscores in the mail adress.
But think I have no more good ideas for this scenario at the moment you
must first get more infos about the nearby planets and enemies.

Bye-Bye JoSch.