Question Help needed. Upgraded system, experiencing frequent reboots and other crashes.

Aug 4, 2024
Hello,

I recently decided to upgrade my old 9600k to a ryzen 7 7700x. Swapped motherboard, ram, and cpu cooler as well. Continued to use my 3070. I initially booted to my old windows install to download my motherboards BIOS update. Once that was done I performed a fresh install of windows, wiping my OS drive and installed all the necessary drivers.

I have been experiencing many frequent crashes, especially in games but also while idling. I have been at it for several days now and I fear no amount of googling will help.

I have upgraded my PSU to an 850W gold certified model from Corsair, and my RAM, also from Corsair (16gb) with no improvement.

The crashes are generally reboots, black screen followed by the computer booting up again. But have also had games crash such as Xdefiant, which simply close and give me the crash report page at which point the system remains on, although it will also occassioanlly force a reboot.

Some games like RE7 always cause a reboot after about 3 minutes of running.

Sometimes it crashes mere minutes after booting up. Other times, I have sat in a discord call for over an hour without it crashing.

I have only had one BSOD with error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I have reseated my GPU and CPU. All fans are working. Visually, there is nothing wrong in the case.

Any help would be appreciated

Specs
Ryzen 7 7700x
MSI PRO B650-P Wifi
RTX 3070 Aorus
Fuma 3
16gb DDR5 Corsair Vengeance 2x8
Corsair RM850X 850W PSU
Samsung 1tb SSD (from old system)
Seagte 2 TB HDD (from old system)

Hello,

I recently decided to upgrade my old 9600k to a ryzen 7 7700x. Swapped motherboard, ram, and cpu cooler as well. Continued to use my 3070. I initially booted to my old windows install to download my motherboards BIOS update. Once that was done I performed a fresh install of windows, wiping my OS drive and installed all the necessary drivers.

I have been experiencing many frequent crashes, especially in games but also while idling. I have been at it for several days now and I fear no amount of googling will help.

I have upgraded my PSU to an 850W gold certified model from Corsair, and my RAM, also from Corsair (16gb) with no improvement.

The crashes are generally reboots, black screen followed by the computer booting up again. But have also had games crash such as Xdefiant, which simply close and give me the crash report page at which point the system remains on, although it will also occassioanlly force a reboot.

Some games like RE7 always cause a reboot after about 3 minutes of running.

Sometimes it crashes mere minutes after booting up. Other times, I have sat in a discord call for over an hour without it crashing.

I have only had one BSOD with error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I have reseated my GPU and CPU. All fans are working. Visually, there is nothing wrong in the case.

Any help would be appreciated

Specs
Ryzen 7 7700x
MSI PRO B650-P Wifi
RTX 3070 Aorus
Fuma 3
16gb DDR5 Corsair Vengeance 2x8
Corsair RM850X 850W PSU
Samsung 1tb SSD (from old system)
Seagte 2 TB HDD (from old system)
Check RAM.