1tb 7200.14 seagate
Asus h97m-e motherboard
500 watts strike x 80+bronze
Had this pc for four years!
So i was setting up the new gpu
-i used display driver uninstaller
-uninstalling all the nvidia files
-then shutting it down then
-i turn off everything by removing the plug and holding power off button for 30secs.
-I then removed the old gpu gtx 730
-then installed the new one gtx 1660 6gb oc , it has 8pins
-After booting up.. theres no nvidia anymore
-i then, search for drivers.
  • used the latest one then downloaded it.
  • after download was done i did all the steps i usedd the 1st option rather than custom.
-then after installing
-I opened device manager and found gtx 1660 with a error symbol.
-it says device code error 43.
Please help...
-Also i see red lines flickering while using the hdmi cable on the gpu. I prntscrren it and used my other device and i saw no red lines. Faulty cable i presume..? I tried it on the tv it was the same red flickering lines.. it apppears on black and when you highlight it by left click hold it clears the red flixkering? I dont know. Just bought it today.

The above Error code 43 can be reported anytime when Windows does not recognize a device – whether it's a USB port, Hard drive, video card/GPU, or any other piece of hardware connected to the computer.

Most of the time, error code 43 means that a device driver is either missing, corrupt, and/or outdated (so Windows has problems communicating properly with the hardware), or the hardware is faulty and needs to be replaced.
This error code points out that the Hardware might also be defective, which is the GPU. But before we jump to any conclusion, check the card on some other PC as well.

What's the make/model number of your MOBO ? Can you properly boot your current system/OS, by using the 'Integrated Graphics processor' of your current Motherboard, assuming your board supports it ? Do you still get the same problem ? And, what about SAFE MODE ?

Your GPU might also be faulty, but before we jump on any conclusion, can you TEST the Video card on some other PC ? Also, are you on a FRESH Windows OS install ? IF not, then try doing a clean format of your SSD/HDD, if need be. Clear and reset ALL the CMOS/BIOS settings to default. Also, list FULL PC specs.

Error code 43 is a generic message that typically indicates a problem with the hardware or software in Windows operating system. This error is often reported in Windows Device Manager. If you encounter this error with your graphics card, here are some troubleshooting ideas that may help fix it.

1) Update your graphics card driver. Do a CLEAN re-install by using the DDU tool once again. https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

2) Make sure your system is updated with the latest BIOS and Windows updates

3) Check to make sure your system power supply meets the minimum recommended power requirement for your card

4) If your card needs additional power, make sure the PCIe supplemental power connector is plugged into the card

5) Replace the graphics card as it may be defective

Code 43 can mostly happens either if drivers fail or the hardware fails. Other option is that your GPU or motherboard slot failed. If your motherboard has more then one PCIe x16 slot, you can move GPU to another slot to rule out motherboard failure. Or you should test GPU in another machine to confirm that problem lies in the card.

-Also i see red lines flickering while using the hdmi cable on the gpu. I prntscrren it and used my other device and i saw no red lines. Faulty cable i presume..? I tried it on the tv it was the same red flickering lines.. it apppears on black and when you highlight it by left click hold it clears the red flixkering? I dont know. Just bought it today.

I forgot to ask this before, what's the brand/manufacturer of your GPU ? Can you post a screenshot of the above flickering issue ? Is the card brand NEW ?

mrhumbler

Reputable
Jun 1, 2019
I forgot to ask this before, what's the brand/manufacturer of your GPU ? Can you post a screenshot of the above flickering issue ? Is the card brand NEW ?
It's a Gigabyte. Thanks, I got back to the place where i bought the gpu. They conducted some tests and found that the graphics card was garbage. Red Flickers everywhere. They're gonna replace it after they order a new one.