[SOLVED] Help or Suggestions for Overclocking my R7 2700X via Ryzen Master

ShredAgain

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
Okay, quick run down. I own a Ryzen 7 2700X. I used to keep it under water with a LEPA Aquachanger 240. At that point in time I think I remember being able to pull off an all core OC of 4300MHz. Since then, my Aquachanger's pump has died, and I've been running the CPU at stock speed under the Wraith Prism that it came with. Now, more recently, I purchased a used Cooler Master ML240R, and for some reason I can't seem to peg the cores at 4.3GHz. I'd love some suggestions to the effect of what kind of OC's I should be shooting for or expecting, what voltages I should or shouldn't run, etc. I appreciate any advice you guys can give me!

Solution
Well of course that 2700X to work on 4.3GHz must be on 1.4v+ otherwise it will not achieve that frequency.
But I am glad that you found your stable overclock again. Cheers mate.

ShredAgain

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
What were the temps when you were using the previous cooling what are temps now with the new cooling?
I feel really sheepish. I just checked on the monitoring inside Ryzen Master, and it turns out my CPU was boosting to 4050MHz at 1.35v. I was scared I was giving it too much at 1.35v and that's why it wouldn't take. I boosted voltage to 1.45 and it's running Heaven right now at 4.3GHz as I type this. facepalm

TRENDING THREADS