Question (HELP PLEASE) PC Boots to windows but and appears fine but then when shut down doesn't boot again

Aug 13, 2024
Hi all ive been trying to repair a friends pc and have encountered some issues along the way the pc specs are as follow

mobo: fujitsu d3061
cpu: i5-2500
ram: 16gb ddr3

At first it wouldn't even post CPU fan and PSU fan would spin and nothing else. I initially thought this was due to the psu so i used my psu (600 w gold evga) that i knew was 100% fine. this did not fix the issue. I then tried different RAM to see if it was a ram issue this also did not fix it. I eventually fixed this by doing a CMOS reset and replacing the CMOS battery. I can now get the pc to boot to windows after it has been turned off and drained of power. When it has booted i have tried turning it off and then back on again straight after and for some reason it wont boot, to get it to boot again i have to unplug PSU leave for several minutes and then turn it back on. If anyone has any tips, recommendations or a diagnosis it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004967824993.html
This is the adapter you'd need to operate an aftermarket PSU with the motherboard due to the proprietary connector
fujitsu-d3061-a13-gs-1-intel-q65-mainboard-micro-atx-sockel-1155-316910.jpg

on the board.

Aug 13, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004967824993.html
This is the adapter you'd need to operate an aftermarket PSU with the motherboard due to the proprietary connector
fujitsu-d3061-a13-gs-1-intel-q65-mainboard-micro-atx-sockel-1155-316910.jpg

on the board.
Hi there thanks for your reply the photo attached does not match the motherboard that is in the computer
. the one in the computer is d3061-b13 which has a 24pin connector. The PSU is and can be plugged in to the mobo fine the issue im having is that the computer posts and boots but then doesnt turn on again after being turned off. It need to be drained of any power which takes several minutes then it will post and boot again.