[SOLVED] Help ! Ryzen 2700x

Feb 7, 2021
Hi I have a ryzen 2700x and im having a weird issue with it for example I will be running precision boost and I will be monitoring it and it automatically changes to manual oc at 3.8ghz or I have a oc of 4ghz and then it clocks it to 3.7ghz and it does it at random, all oc are done through the bios even when it is set to auto it always changes it back to manual oc after some time , I have reinstalled windows twice and clear my bios cache and im not sure what else to do please help.

System specs
2700x
Gtx msi 1660 super
B450m msi bazooka wifi max
32gb ram
250 m.2
2tb had

Solution
Thank you but unfortunately i cant use a b550 because i have 2700x which isn't supported by B550

That's correct...sorry I meant to recommend a 3600 with the B550 if you have the cash. IMO it would be worth it to sell the 2700x and pick up a 3600...you won't lose any performance and the 3600 runs cooler while drawing a lot less power from the motherboard VRM.
Your motherboard is not built to overclock and really can't handle overclocking a 2700x...it's likely the motherboard will throttle the 2700x due to VRM overheating when overclocked.

The best balance of power and heat will be to run the 2700x at stock settings and use PBO.

Feb 7, 2021
Your motherboard is not built to overclock and really can't handle overclocking a 2700x...it's likely the motherboard will throttle the 2700x due to VRM overheating when overclocked.

The best balance of power and heat will be to run the 2700x at stock settings and use PBO.
i Cant run it at stock it changes it the whole time if you look at my picture it was set to stock and then it oc itself to manual and 3.8ghz when i was set to auto

Feb 7, 2021
Did you save a profile in Ryzen Master and option it to load with Windows ?
Nope everything is standard i re-installed windows like 3 days ago to try fix this issue, Did you look at the image i set and how it goes red on manual. im thinking on getting a Asus rog strics B450 - F gaming motherboard today do you think its a good idea ?

I'd say Ryzen Master is dumping because the EDC current is going over range. If you need a good board take a look at the reference sheet link below...the B450-F does not look like a good board for overclocking. If you have the cash the B550 boards are generally better in every way compared to the B450. Take a look at Hardware Unboxed on Youtube...they do a lot of VRM testing on boards.

https://i.redd.it/2iwdy5wrrly31.png

Feb 7, 2021
I'd say Ryzen Master is dumping because the EDC current is going over range. If you need a good board take a look at the reference sheet link below...the B450-F does not look like a good board for overclocking. If you have the cash the B550 boards are generally better in every way compared to the B450. Take a look at Hardware Unboxed on Youtube...they do a lot of VRM testing on boards.

Thank you but unfortunately i cant use a b550 because i have 2700x which isn't supported by B550

Feb 7, 2021

The main issue I'm having is its not running at stock I can not get the system to run at stock it oc itself look at the video i sent

That's correct...sorry I meant to recommend a 3600 with the B550 if you have the cash. IMO it would be worth it to sell the 2700x and pick up a 3600...you won't lose any performance and the 3600 runs cooler while drawing a lot less power from the motherboard VRM.

Solution