[SOLVED] Help to make my routers wifi from mobile data

GabrielKnight01

Honorable
Jun 9, 2016
I have an NBN Huawei and a DSL Asus wifi router that I need mobile data to be used routed as wifi by a hot spot I looked at some youtube videos but both routers I could not find the settings for in the routers main menu.

Huawei HG659
Asus DSL N55U

Can either the above be used with a hot spot from android?

Solution
You want to the router to connect to the hotspot via wifi similar to if it was a PC connecting to the hotspot ?

Not very likely especially with those devices since I bet they both contain modems. It is very rare to find a consumer router that can use wifi for its wan connection. Almost all are used to provide wifi for end users machines much like the hotspot not act as a end user machine.

It depends on why you want to do this. Some devices can be configured as wifi repeaters but that may not meet your requirements.

If you had different routers maybe you could use something like dd-wrt but even that is some what limited.
You want to the router to connect to the hotspot via wifi similar to if it was a PC connecting to the hotspot ?

Not very likely especially with those devices since I bet they both contain modems. It is very rare to find a consumer router that can use wifi for its wan connection. Almost all are used to provide wifi for end users machines much like the hotspot not act as a end user machine.

It depends on why you want to do this. Some devices can be configured as wifi repeaters but that may not meet your requirements.

If you had different routers maybe you could use something like dd-wrt but even that is some what limited.

Solution