[SOLVED] HELP - Underwhelming performance 2080!

May 5, 2020
Okay so last February (2019) I build a new computer and I wanted to build something that would allow me to play all my games on the highest settings at 1080p 144hz
But ever since ive built it i have found the performance good but not to the level I was expecting or seeing on other peoples builds with similar components
my pc specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x 4.35Ghz
GPU: RTX 2080 Aorus 8gb
RAM: 16gb 3000mhz - Team Group Vulcan T-Force
Motherboard: Rog strix x370-f gaming
Storage: 480gb ssd + 2tb sshd

More specifically ive noticed in Modern-warfare on ultra settings on all with ray tracing off I only get 120fps and even when i turn all my settings to minimum i still get 112-120 fps
Ive just updated all my drivers and bios and I have ran the aorus gpu overclock and saw no change in fps.
Any ideas on what might be the problem and possible solutions would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks

Solution
first of all,3000mhz speed is not enough for 2700X.Try overclocking it to at least 3200 or more.Second,if you have any background apps running close them.Third,delete all the files and programs you dont use.Fourth,run disk defragmentation and disk cleanup.Fifth,clean you pc a little bit.Sixth check the temps and the usage of your components while playing games.If you notice any high temps or usages,tell me about them
first of all,3000mhz speed is not enough for 2700X.Try overclocking it to at least 3200 or more.Second,if you have any background apps running close them.Third,delete all the files and programs you dont use.Fourth,run disk defragmentation and disk cleanup.Fifth,clean you pc a little bit.Sixth check the temps and the usage of your components while playing games.If you notice any high temps or usages,tell me about them

Reactions: AEmuka
Solution
May 5, 2020
Okay my ram was 2400mhz out the box and was advertised as a 3000mhz kit, Ive overclocked it to 3000 but overclocking to 3200 is too unstable and results in constant blue screens

When in game my ram is at 85-95% (I have seen my ram at 99 when playing modded minecraft and other games) and cpu is around 50-60%

Temps seem fine CPU stays about 69c and GPU around 65-70c

May 5, 2020
oh yeah thanks for pointing that out XD , that was from after I updated my bios and the oc reset, its back to 3000 now but no increase in performance at all,
Will re run the benchmark