Help upgrade my pc

vin19

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
Hello, I would appreciate help in updating my PC. Currently, I am playing PUBG and the computer does not give what I expect.

These are the characteristics

Mainboard Model FM2-A75MA-E35 (MS-7721)
Proc AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Grap AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series 2 GB
RAM 8 GB

I want to change my video card, but the truth is I do not know which is the best option or if it's worth changing.

Thanks 4 any help

Solution
Here's an easy test for you to run. Play the game at low settings and the highest resolution you can, for instance 1080p. Note the framerate. Now keep everything the same except lower the resolution to 720p. Did your framerate jump a lot higher or is it about the same? If it's about the same, this means your CPU is holding back performance so a new videocard won't help. PUBG is CPU intensive so this is all but guaranteed.

Jonathan Schiller

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2013
PUBG is a very CPU intense game, so your A8-6600k will be a bottleneck there. If you plan on keeping your cpu go with a gtx 1050ti, it's about 2x faster then your onchip gpu. If you plan on upgrading the CPU in the near future I would go with the Rx 570 or gtx 1060.

Here's an easy test for you to run. Play the game at low settings and the highest resolution you can, for instance 1080p. Note the framerate. Now keep everything the same except lower the resolution to 720p. Did your framerate jump a lot higher or is it about the same? If it's about the same, this means your CPU is holding back performance so a new videocard won't help. PUBG is CPU intensive so this is all but guaranteed.

Solution