Question Help , upgrading parts will old PSU will be enough ?

aurimasandrisiunas

Commendable
Mar 3, 2018
Hello so im thinking to buy new CPU and GPU wich is gonna be Ryzen 3 3300x and GTX 1650super , will i need to change my psu or no ? my current specs are :

Ryzen 5 1400
GTX 1050ti 4gb
Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb 3200mhz
Asus TUF B450 - Plus Gaming
Corsair CX550M
Kingston SSD 240gb

I think it should have enough power.
Here's a question though.
Do you want to trust your new CPU and GPU with an older PSU?
It's a judgement call. The PSU may last an not hurt anything...or it could crap out and take everything with it.
A new quality PSU is less likely to do this.

aurimasandrisiunas

Commendable
Mar 3, 2018
I think it should have enough power.
Here's a question though.
Do you want to trust your new CPU and GPU with an older PSU?
It's a judgement call. The PSU may last an not hurt anything...or it could crap out and take everything with it.
A new quality PSU is less likely to do this.
I just want to know if that build will be enough 550w, this psu is aint bad or anything i bought it 14 months ago, and its a good psu, just not sure about if i change to r3 3300x and 1650super 550w will be enough

logainofhades

Titan
Hello so im thinking to buy new CPU and GPU wich is gonna be Ryzen 3 3300x and GTX 1650super , will i need to change my psu or no ? my current specs are :

Ryzen 5 1400
GTX 1050ti 4gb
Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb 3200mhz
Asus TUF B450 - Plus Gaming
Corsair CX550M
Kingston SSD 240gb

You will be perfectly fine, with that PSU, and that hardware.

DSzymborski

Champion
I concur that it's fine. It's a good budget PSU and while it will eventually die and sooner, on-average, than a top-of-the-line PSU, it ought not take out anything with it. Given the PSU prices right now, I'm not sure you really get value in replacing it anyway.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS