Question Help upgrading RAM in BIOS Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite v1

Apr 14, 2023
Hello community.

I have the Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite v1, and recently upgraded from a Ryzen 5 2600 to a Ryzen 5 5500 and currently bought 32gb of RAM at the 3600.

The thing is that when I activate the XPM in the bios so that the RAM goes from 2600 to 3600 when the BIOS is reset it does its self-reset process and goes back to 2600 again (the bios is reset so to speak).

Obviously before going from 2600 I realized that I had never updated the BIOS and I was using it with the F3 version, to which I proceeded to update to the F63 version following the steps recommended on the Gigabyte page.

I can't go to another more recent BIOS version, so I don't know what else to do, under the BIOS version or how I would do to be able to use the RAM at 3600

Greetings.

Is your new ram from the same matched kit?
Ram needs to be matched.
Is the ram you bought explicitly supported on the motherboard QVL
support list, or on the ram vendor's support list for your cpu/mobo combo?
Ryzen is very sensitive to ram, and strangely, not all ram will work.
Ryzen performance depends on fast ram so it would behoove you to get this sorted out.
I do not see any later bios updates that would impact ram.

Hello community.

I have the Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite v1, and recently upgraded from a Ryzen 5 2600 to a Ryzen 5 5500 and currently bought 32gb of RAM at the 3600.

The thing is that when I activate the XPM in the bios so that the RAM goes from 2600 to 3600 when the BIOS is reset it does its self-reset process and goes back to 2600 again (the bios is reset so to speak).

Obviously before going from 2600 I realized that I had never updated the BIOS and I was using it with the F3 version, to which I proceeded to update to the F63 version following the steps recommended on the Gigabyte page.

I can't go to another more recent BIOS version, so I don't know what else to do, under the BIOS version or how I would do to be able to use the RAM at 3600

Greetings.
Be sure to reset CMOS before trying to train new memory and after updating BIOS. Do it by removing the battery for a few minutes while shorting the reset pins.

Is this a two DIMM kit or 4 DIMM kit? 4 DIMM's are very hard to get above 3200 on most motherboards.

Reactions: bniknafs9
Apr 14, 2023
Asegúrese de restablecer CMOS antes de intentar entrenar nueva memoria y después de actualizar el BIOS. Hazlo retirando la batería durante unos minutos mientras cortocircuitas los pines de reinicio.

¿Es un kit de dos DIMM o un kit de 4 DIMM? 4 Los DIMM son muy difíciles de superar los 3200 en la mayoría de las placas base.
Hello, as I explained, I went from the F3 to the F63 even though I have to do the battery and the pins, if the ram is a kit of two of 16GB each

Apr 14, 2023
Is your new ram from the same matched kit?
Ram needs to be matched.
Is the ram you bought explicitly supported on the motherboard QVL
support list, or on the ram vendor's support list for your cpu/mobo combo?
Ryzen is very sensitive to ram, and strangely, not all ram will work.
Ryzen performance depends on fast ram so it would behoove you to get this sorted out.
I do not see any later bios updates that would impact ram.

I buy a Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz (PC4-28800) C18 1.35V - Negro (CMH32GX4M2D3600C18) The processor I have is 5 5500 and it uses the core name Cezanne, which I don't see on their page. https://www.gigabyte.com/ar/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-1x/support#support-doc

Apr 14, 2023
That's technically true of all AM4 motherboards since there are no Ryzen CPU's rated for more than 3200 memory. Properly, 3600 is a memory overclock. Even so, it's very common to see Ryzen 3000 and 5000 CPU's achieve it with just setting XMP on compatible DIMM kits.
Really? In all the years this was going on. Not a single one rated. God knows how many electrocuted. They should all be handed over to the proper authorities. And get measured. Put them on a scale. Left: underclock, right: overclock. We live in a society.

Last edited: