Question HELP! User Profile reset itself for no reason after initial "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded" Messa

ArjunY

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
I have absolutely no idea as to why, but all of a sudden one of the user accounts on my Windows 11 computer reset itself after giving the " The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded" message the first time I tried opening it today while using the computer in the normal course. It logged in the next time, but when it did, it suddenly reset itself and gave the 'Preparing Windows' message, and I have no idea why did it do so. Now all of the local files have gone missing (except the ones in the Recycle Bin). (Fortunately most of the relevant stuff is backed up on OneDrive, but still)

I have no idea as to why it has happened, and would be very grateful for any help as to how to recover the files.

Tom cruise432

BANNED
Sep 13, 2022
By restarting or shutting down Windows from the lock screen, deleting local user accounts, or relocating the NTUSER. Dat file to the default username location, you can resolve the user profile that cannot be loaded in Windows 11.