• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question [HELP] Why Default FTP Server IP keeps changing (IIS)?

Mr.Stork

Prominent
Mar 24, 2019
I have made my HDD, a FTP server with the help of Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager App which comes default with windows. When I turn on my pc, the server starts up, and I can access my files through wifi (router). I just have simply set it up so anonymous users can join. So people with my wifi access can join. I only use it for copying and deleting data from my phone. I do not have a Laptop.
I have noticed I can change the port but I can't change the ip to anyother than the one windows keeps as default which was 192.168.0.108.

\/
Now the thing is, I've noticed for the past few days, I can't randomly connect to the ftp. So, I check the binding dropdown and sure enough it has changed to 192.168.0.105 at the last. It was also 106 a few days ago.
After, making it 105 (the new default), I can connect to the site albeit by changing the ip.
/\

Why is it changing randomly? It's not related to restarts either. Somedays I restart and still can access the old ip. And it just changes randomly, it's such a nuisance to change it for every single ftp I have. I don't think it's a router issue, because I can temporarly fix it without going to router settings.
How can I fix this changing issue? Do you have any other local FTP recommendations which are better than this setup? Because this doesn't seem like the best setup.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS