[SOLVED] Help with $2,000-$3,000 VR Capable Tower That can Last

Ajaness

Commendable
Feb 21, 2020
Approximate Purchase Date: Weekish from now
Budget Range: $2,000 - $3,000

System Usage from Most to Least Important:
Hardcore Gaming, Looking to be able to support mid-high tier VR graphics for few years into the future.
Are you buying a monitor: Not looking for a monitor in the budget but if you have a good 4k monitor suggestion, will keep an eye out for opportunistic sale.

Parts to Upgrade: Need all new aside from possibly SSD, have a relatively new Samsung 860 evo 1tb in current build that can be reused

Do you need to buy OS:
Am using an old win7 ultimate key turned win10 key so not sure if it'll still be good because I'm not certain what the template line under this one means.
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:
Am familiar with Newegg/Amazon but as long as its nothing too shady it should be fine.

Parts Preferences: None, current gpu/mobo is from MSI and they've lasted 6ish years so seem reliable but not a hard restriction for the build suggestions.

Overclocking: Probably not but could look into it.

SLI or Crossfire: Would consider if SLI/Crossfire was reliable enough to power VR, I have no experience or knowledge of the quality of either.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 is current, but intending to upgrade in the future to match the new builds power probably into 4k.

Additional Comments: Looking for enough power in the build to support VR for years to come, ideally at least another 6 years. Will also be gaming outside of VR and with a rig powerful enough for VR I'm assuming it could reasonably handle 4k correct me if I'm wrong. Wont be immediately picking up a 4k Monitor or VR headset with the new rig but looking at perhaps the Valve Index as the goal. No 4k monitor in mind and it isn't an immediate priority but if you have one to recommend for the build, that's welcome but don't consider it in the listed budget I'll just pick it up when I can, preferably from a sale.

Currently looking at AMD's Ryzen 7 3700x for a cpu with either a RTX 2080ti or a RTX 2070 Super to potentially SLI to pick up the slack of not going with something better for now but I'm not sure/worried about the quality of SLI vs just buying the better card. Other than that I'm a bit lost, or even unsure if those would be the optimal base for a reasonably future-proof'd VR capable tower or if an i9-9900 would fit into the budget to better future-proof. It doesn't have to be able to run max VR settings for the next 6 years, but be able to stay in the VR game through a few years of advancements, even if its running lower settings by then.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading:
Current tower close to 6 years old and has started to have persistent issues, was an old cheapish midrange build at the time.

Here's a 3700X build, considerably below budget so you have wiggle room to get the best peripherals to your liking, the stock cooler is plenty good for the 3700X at stock settings and a little OC'ing but if you want an AIO get any that fits the case you want and has at least 2 fans on the radiator:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WjZCZf

Here's a 9900K build just at the tip of your budget.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pwzdGc

A single 2080 Super will hold you fine for a up to 5-6 years definitely but you have room in the budget for a 2080 Ti if you really want one. I wouldn't recommend SLI for VR currently as some platforms don't support multi-GPU functionality, while it definitely has benefits in theory very few games support it. So getting 2 cards now would end up costing more money for nothing.

I didn't choose a case or extra storage options since you have the NVMe and for the case this is definitely a personal choice, so feel free to edit any of the lists and see what case you like most, it only shows compatible cases for the build so don't worry about incompatible options being in the mix.

Last edited:

Ajaness

Commendable
Feb 21, 2020
Also worth mentioning after more research into the subject I do have a semi-close microcenter, which has both
ryzen 9 3900x and intel i9 9900k at $450, and the ryzen 7 3700x at $280 if any of those price drops would change opinions on which would be best. Heavily considering pulling the trigger on a 2080ti (if that ones fine otherwise open to suggestions) but I'm stuck between these 3 cpu's, worried the ryzen 7 3700x might not be worth pairing with the 2080ti, while i could go the ryzen 9 3900x for the same price as the i9 9900k and have the option to record/edit. Would the i9 9900k be fine for hobby-ist/rookie things like that (nothing too fancy quality-wise either)? Leaning towards the i9 9900k build you linked but with a possible 2080ti and swapping out the liquid cooler with something like a Noctua nh-d15 if i could fit it and if it could handle possible overclocking in the future, since it seems to be highly regarded as an air cooler and potential loudness isn't a factor. I really appreciate the help, definitely going to keep thinking/researching and not rush anything just yet.

Reactions: Newtonius
Here is the list:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor ($469.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($379.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($384.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($214.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 580 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card ($174.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo 719 ATX Full Tower Case ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2094.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-24 08:28 EST-0500

Hold purchasing high end GPU off for now. NVIDIA RTX3000 series is not far from its launch. In few months it will be out so save money and go high on it. Purchase RTX2080Ti equivalent card(single GPU will do fine even at 4K for most of the games but need to get flagship) when it launches. Till then RX580 will do fine for 1080p gaming.

That CPU is no overkill. That will support your PC for a long period of time without requiring any upgrade.

All high quality components.

I would recommend purchasing Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT(360mm) version instead of H115i(280mm) version if it is available by the time you finalize on your purchase.

Is 32GB ram necessary over 16GB? For the 9900k build is liquid cooling needed over a good air cooler? Kind of wary of liquid cooling but if it's necessary can consider it.
Also worth mentioning after more research into the subject I do have a semi-close microcenter, which has both
ryzen 9 3900x and intel i9 9900k at $450, and the ryzen 7 3700x at $280 if any of those price drops would change opinions on which would be best. Heavily considering pulling the trigger on a 2080ti (if that ones fine otherwise open to suggestions) but I'm stuck between these 3 cpu's, worried the ryzen 7 3700x might not be worth pairing with the 2080ti, while i could go the ryzen 9 3900x for the same price as the i9 9900k and have the option to record/edit. Would the i9 9900k be fine for hobby-ist/rookie things like that (nothing too fancy quality-wise either)? Leaning towards the i9 9900k build you linked but with a possible 2080ti and swapping out the liquid cooler with something like a Noctua nh-d15 if i could fit it and if it could handle possible overclocking in the future, since it seems to be highly regarded as an air cooler and potential loudness isn't a factor. I really appreciate the help, definitely going to keep thinking/researching and not rush anything just yet.

32GB is not necessary and will only add 1-2 FPS avg, 16GB will be fine if that's all you want. 32GB are for people who really want headroom to do more than just gaming.

As for liquid cooling, it's not necessary if you can find a good air cooling substitute, which that NH15 is pretty good. Linus Tech tips did a video about it. Though if you do get that air cooling solution you'll need low-profile RAM like the corsair LPX series. However, if you want an aircooler that looks better than the noctua, the dark rock pro looks much better.

You should go for the 3700X if you're not an enthusiast builder and just want to game. The difference between the 3900X and 3700X in gaming performance is very little, about 1-2FPS is the avg difference. So if you want to save a bit of money you can get the 3700X, it'll work just fine. However if you plan to record, stream, video edit, compress, or anything multi-core intensive then the 3900X is for you. The 9900K isn't technically for enthusiasts only, intel still is the king for best gaming CPU's and the 9900K is top of the charts currently since games still run on single core performance based - which intel CPU's specialize in. Many of us are hoping games start moving over to Multi-core preference however since AMD chips are becoming largely popular. Tohugh the difference between the intel and AMD gaming FPS is about 5-15FPS depending on what CPU the game is optimized for.

And lastly, you don't need a 2080Ti if you want VR capable the 2080 Super will give you plenty of FPS above 60 to handle it, hell even the AMD 5700XT (which is about 400$ cheaper than the 2080 and 700$ from the 2080Ti) and it'll still give you above 60FPS for VR. You can even run super-sampling with it no issue.

It's all up to you in the end, do you want top of the line enthusiast parts, or do you want a cost-efficient build?
Here are the two options:

Cost-efficient:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($308.89 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($89.59 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard ($203.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($73.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($87.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($114.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Red Devil Video Card ($439.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($119.99 @ Best Buy)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1639.38
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-24 09:42 EST-0500

Enthusiast:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($89.75 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi ATX AM4 Motherboard ($274.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($167.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($87.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($114.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card ($1299.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($99.99 @ B&H)
Total: $2825.65
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-24 09:47 EST-0500

Ajaness

Commendable
Feb 21, 2020
After doing some more looking and taking all the new posts into account (thanks for the input everyone) I think it is the best choice to hold off on the 2080ti if the 3000 line might be coming out this year, probably wont be picking up the VR component (or any 4k) for a few months anyway and can put off upgrading the gpu until closer to Christmas if more (hopefully official) info on the 3000 line comes out. Looking into the $180 RX 580 card King Dranzer suggested, it's actually still an upgrade from whats in the current tower so should more than get by while I wait to see whats happening on the 3000 front, and the Valve Index's min req's is the RX 480 anyway so theoretically could still grab VR while i wait, to varying quality.

I'm actually curious what the differences/main advantages between the two high end motherboards King Dranzer and Newtonius linked is because i'm not knowledgeable enough to pick between the two and they have a price difference of $150. I could take the near $400 board if it was justified enough otherwise I have a final draft build I would appreciate a final once-over, both mobo's should work with the rest of the parts according to pcpartspicker aside from maybe an adapter for the Noctua but i think that warning is for both mobos. The Samsung 860 EVO 1tb listed in the build is the one i currently own and is mainly there to check compatibility while I added a 2tb cheap hdd to toss any video recordings i might do on since i enjoy it as a hobby and am grabbing the ryzen 9 3900x. I'm unfamiliar with multiple storage drives but i'm assuming after I install the 500gb NVMe and get windows set up I should be able to just hook up the other two and be fine as long as I watch where things get downloaded.

I would love initial thoughts on this for the final build replacing the RX 580 with a rtx 3000 of course;
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qbhCZf

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type Premium CPU Cooler, NF-A15 x 2 PWM Fans
Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard or ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB 3-bit MLC NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 580 Armor X Overclocked Dual-Fan 8GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 Video Card
Case: Fractal Design CS FD-CA-MESH-S2-BKO-TGD Meshify S2 Dark TG EATX/ATX/mATX/ITX
Power Supply: Corsair RM750 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply
Operating System: I'm going to gamble on https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change actually working because my old win7 key upgraded into a win10 pro key and I dont intend to immediately salvage the current tower and might as well keep the pro key on the main tower.

Manually linked the microcenter listings for everything except RAM, case, and CPU Cooler as they don't the type I want, also worth mentioning the Fractal Design Meshify C got filtered out by compatibility by pcpartspicker for the more expensive ASUS mobo so i went with the Fractal Design Meshify S2 which is compatible with both however if the more expensive board isn't worth the money I could swap back to Newtonius's Meshify C, I don't mind a massive tower unless the Meshify C provides better cooling (function over form i suppose and either one will be smaller than current.) Also worth noting I tested adding the 2080ti for compatibility (with both mobo) in case a 3000 series might be similar compatability wise and everything was fine. My main concerns with VR throughout the thread has been a repeated standard of needing 90 frames to be stomach-able but if nothing else the 2080ti should fit that bill if the 3000 series is a disappointment or absurdly more expensive

Sorry this post got a bit long, hopefully wont take too much more of your time to do a once over and help decide on MOBO then should be ready to purchase!

After doing some more looking and taking all the new posts into account (thanks for the input everyone) I think it is the best choice to hold off on the 2080ti if the 3000 line might be coming out this year, probably wont be picking up the VR component (or any 4k) for a few months anyway and can put off upgrading the gpu until closer to Christmas if more (hopefully official) info on the 3000 line comes out. Looking into the $180 RX 580 card King Dranzer suggested, it's actually still an upgrade from whats in the current tower so should more than get by while I wait to see whats happening on the 3000 front, and the Valve Index's min req's is the RX 480 anyway so theoretically could still grab VR while i wait, to varying quality.

I'm actually curious what the differences/main advantages between the two high end motherboards King Dranzer and Newtonius linked is because i'm not knowledgeable enough to pick between the two and they have a price difference of $150. I could take the near $400 board if it was justified enough otherwise I have a final draft build I would appreciate a final once-over, both mobo's should work with the rest of the parts according to pcpartspicker aside from maybe an adapter for the Noctua but i think that warning is for both mobos. The Samsung 860 EVO 1tb listed in the build is the one i currently own and is mainly there to check compatibility while I added a 2tb cheap hdd to toss any video recordings i might do on since i enjoy it as a hobby and am grabbing the ryzen 9 3900x. I'm unfamiliar with multiple storage drives but i'm assuming after I install the 500gb NVMe and get windows set up I should be able to just hook up the other two and be fine as long as I watch where things get downloaded.

I would love initial thoughts on this for the final build replacing the RX 580 with a rtx 3000 of course;
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qbhCZf

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type Premium CPU Cooler, NF-A15 x 2 PWM Fans
Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard or ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB 3-bit MLC NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 580 Armor X Overclocked Dual-Fan 8GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 Video Card
Case: Fractal Design CS FD-CA-MESH-S2-BKO-TGD Meshify S2 Dark TG EATX/ATX/mATX/ITX
Power Supply: Corsair RM750 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply
Operating System: I'm going to gamble on https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change actually working because my old win7 key upgraded into a win10 pro key and I dont intend to immediately salvage the current tower and might as well keep the pro key on the main tower.

Manually linked the microcenter listings for everything except RAM, case, and CPU Cooler as they don't the type I want, also worth mentioning the Fractal Design Meshify C got filtered out by compatibility by pcpartspicker for the more expensive ASUS mobo so i went with the Fractal Design Meshify S2 which is compatible with both however if the more expensive board isn't worth the money I could swap back to Newtonius's Meshify C, I don't mind a massive tower unless the Meshify C provides better cooling (function over form i suppose and either one will be smaller than current.) Also worth noting I tested adding the 2080ti for compatibility (with both mobo) in case a 3000 series might be similar compatability wise and everything was fine. My main concerns with VR throughout the thread has been a repeated standard of needing 90 frames to be stomach-able but if nothing else the 2080ti should fit that bill if the 3000 series is a disappointment or absurdly more expensive

Sorry this post got a bit long, hopefully wont take too much more of your time to do a once over and help decide on MOBO then should be ready to purchase!
Both the boards are great. Reason I choose ASUS ROG board is mainly due to their superior quality, software support, aesthetics and after-sales support. When it comes quality, aesthetics and support nothing beats ASUS ROG. If spending high I recommend that. But if you wanna go low on budget and don't need aesthetic build, I may have better recommendations. Will provide you with a cut-down list.

Here is the list:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler ($99.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard ($293.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($144.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($168.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 580 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card ($174.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout ATX Mid Tower Case ($138.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1739.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-25 08:29 EST-0500

If I had to pick up a list that is quiet and aesthetically simple, I would pick this up.
ASUS ROG STRIX board very high quality as well as ROG software support to play with.
Silent case with front USB-C support
1TB NVMe SSD is minimum recommendation specially when spending that high.
Instead of having second 1TB SSD for storage. I would pick two 2TB HDDs and run them in RAID 1 if I care to safeguard my data stored on storage disks. I recommend running the two 2TB HDDs in RAID 1.
That PSU is better. RMx series is top tier, RM series is not bad but when you are getting RMx series for minimal increment in budget it iss no brainer to get RMx over RM. The reason I opted for 850W PSU over 750W is that it has better headroom and will be less stressed under load and hence be more efficient. It is not bad to have larger PSU as it won't draw more power than smaller one but will work more efficiently and if possible draw even less power.

Solution

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'd say don't bother with waiting and just go for what you want right now (including the Index). This easily exceeds the system requirements for the Valve Index. The list of components would also cost about $100 more from your local-ish Microcenter.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($159.36 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($66.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: 1 TB Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00) from your current system.
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card ($683.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($104.99 @ B&H)
VR: Valve Index ($999.00 @ Steam)
Total: $2673.17
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-25 08:42 EST-0500

-Wolf sends

I'd say don't bother with waiting and just go for what you want right now (including the Index). This easily exceeds the system requirements for the Valve Index. The list of components would also cost about $100 more from your local-ish Microcenter.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($159.36 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($66.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: 1 TB Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00) from your current system.
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card ($683.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($104.99 @ B&H)
VR: Valve Index ($999.00 @ Steam)
Total: $2673.17
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-25 08:42 EST-0500

-Wolf sends
Nah, unless one regularly swaps out or upgrades his hardware I highly recommend waiting. If one plans on having his PC for over a long time without the requirement of upgrading or spending high multiple times waiting few months to spend high is fine.

Ajaness

Commendable
Feb 21, 2020
I'd say don't bother with waiting and just go for what you want right now (including the Index).
I really do appreciate the sentiment as tech is always improving so there's always another reason to wait, and have been considering doing just that since the RX 580 is also slightly above recommended minimum Index req of the RX 480 which would let me get my hands on it now and still be able to upgrade into the 3000 series later in the year while still spending minimal amounts on the stopgap gpu. I would still prefer to go high grade on parts to not have to worry about upgrading for as long as possible after tossing in an rtx 3000 series around Christmas-ish depending on when it launches.

I keep hearing horror stories of amd drivers for gpu but I think I'll go with:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/psywmg

An airflow issue with the Taichi mobo was brought to my attention, so I'm leaning towards the ASUS X570-E ROG Strix although slightly worried about the 1 year warranty over the Aorus master/elites 3 year warranty. Will look into the Asus warranty further as their website shows standard warranty being 3 years but varying regionally. I leaned towards the Strix over the Crosshair VIII Hero to spend the difference on bumping the NVMe to 1tb, although I still own the other 1tb ssd currently to also use as secondary storage. If i buy a 2tb hdd it wouldn't store anything important enough to RAID 1 secure even as cheap as it would be to do.

I really do appreciate all the help and feel much more confident in the build! Any other input is welcome, especially thoughts on snagging a Valve Index to run on the rx 580 (or if there might be a better cheapo gpu if I went with a more immediate Index purchase), until the weekend when purchases are made aside from RAM, Cooler, and Case which will be purchased tomorrow.

I really do appreciate the sentiment as tech is always improving so there's always another reason to wait, and have been considering doing just that since the RX 580 is also slightly above recommended minimum Index req of the RX 480 which would let me get my hands on it now and still be able to upgrade into the 3000 series later in the year while still spending minimal amounts on the stopgap gpu. I would still prefer to go high grade on parts to not have to worry about upgrading for as long as possible after tossing in an rtx 3000 series around Christmas-ish depending on when it launches.

I keep hearing horror stories of amd drivers for gpu but I think I'll go with:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/psywmg

An airflow issue with the Taichi mobo was brought to my attention, so I'm leaning towards the ASUS X570-E ROG Strix although slightly worried about the 1 year warranty over the Aorus master/elites 3 year warranty. Will look into the Asus warranty further as their website shows standard warranty being 3 years but varying regionally. I leaned towards the Strix over the Crosshair VIII Hero to spend the difference on bumping the NVMe to 1tb, although I still own the other 1tb ssd currently to also use as secondary storage. If i buy a 2tb hdd it wouldn't store anything important enough to RAID 1 secure even as cheap as it would be to do.

I really do appreciate all the help and feel much more confident in the build! Any other input is welcome, especially thoughts on snagging a Valve Index to run on the rx 580 (or if there might be a better cheapo gpu if I went with a more immediate Index purchase), until the weekend when purchases are made aside from RAM, Cooler, and Case which will be purchased tomorrow.
Get the 3000 series and stay away from upgrade requirement for over a longer period of time.
ASUS X570-E ROG Strix has 3Yr warranty and not 1Yr.
Yeah going with RAID config or not is up to you.

You are welcome