Question Help with buying Case Fans. Case has controller.

stebobibo

Reputable
May 6, 2021
Hi, I want to buy some fans for my case. The case has a controller on the top that can control the speed (Low, Stop, High). The fans that came with the case plug into connectors that run up to that controller (it has 6 connectors, only using 3 currently). From that controller, only 1 cable comes down to the motherboard. It goes to the "JFP1 connector", of which my manual says "These connectors connect to the switches and LEDs on the front panel". Pics: View: https://imgur.com/a/Vy88QIm

Wondering what fans are compatible. Uses 3 pin connector. So I'm assuming this means I have to get DC fans and not PWN in order to work with this controller, correct? However, all the fan connectors on my motherboard are free (they are 4 pin). So I could also plug straight into there. But I'm assuming the controller wouldn't work for them if I do, correct? So would these motherboard-connected fans just run at a constant set speed, or do they react to the temp inside the case?

What would you recommend me do? Also, any recommendations for good fans? Comp is used mostly for gaming, I'd say it's a mid-level build.

Thanks a bunch!

want to buy some fans for my case
if your motherboard has 4pin PWM headers available that would be the best option.

best case scenario,
the new fans could then be individually set with a custom speed curve based on temperatures of specific devices.

include your complete system specs with the make & model of all components;
CPU:
motherboard:
RAM:
GPU:
PSU:
case:

if it's a prebuilt system;
include a link to the manufacturer/distributor product page.