I'd like to get a dual monitor stand which uses a clamp to attach to the desk. Free standing models tend to have large bases, which I would prefer not to have. The only issue is that my desk has a a 1.5 inch deep (Deep, not thick) lip in the back, and the stand I was going to get requires 2 inches depth according to the seller (link: https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Monitor-Adjustable-Screens-STAND-V002/dp/B009S750LA/ ). Would I be fine with using this, or should I use a different stand (and if so, any suggestions would be appreciated).
I will be mounting a 24 inch HP 24UH and a 27 inch Acer XF270HU.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
The clamp might still work, but it's not recommended since it won't be holding at full strength. The free standing version is STAND-V002F, or we have another version with a flat tempered glass base called STAND-V002FG.

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
The reason for our 2" minimum depth on STAND-V002 is the size of the clamp plate that tightens against the bottom of the desk. With under 2" of available depth, the plate will extend off the edge of the desk. Currently, our only dual monitor stand that will fit a 1.5" depth is STAND-V002U, which also requires the desk be no more than 3/4" thick.

Reactions: extreme_noob
The reason for our 2" minimum depth on STAND-V002 is the size of the clamp plate that tightens against the bottom of the desk. With under 2" of available depth, the plate will extend off the edge of the desk. Currently, our only dual monitor stand that will fit a 1.5" depth is STAND-V002U, which also requires the desk be no more than 3/4" thick.
Unfortunately the V002U will not work for my purposes. I was asking if it is possible to use the stand with 0.5 inches off the desk. I realize it would be risky, but could it work with my setup? Perhaps I could place a piece of wood in the part of the clamp that hangs over the desk? If this is way too risky and not worth it, which free standing model similar to the one I was looking to get has a smaller base?

Thanks for the reply.

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
The clamp might still work, but it's not recommended since it won't be holding at full strength. The free standing version is STAND-V002F, or we have another version with a flat tempered glass base called STAND-V002FG.

Solution