Question Help with games crashing

YinViking

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2015
Hey all. I've been having issues with numerous games crashing for a while now; a few months back I upgraded from a 980 to a used 1080ti and even more recently upgraded the rest of my system. I can play some games just fine like Witcher 3, heavily modded Skyrim, and a few others but seem to crash on most modern games.

Current specs;

Graphics card- EVGA 1080ti
RAM- Corsair Vengeance 3200 16gb (2x8)
PSU- Corsair RMX series 850 w (recently purchased)
CPU- I5 13600k
Motherboard- Z790 AORUS ELITE AX

So far I have clean installed my graphics drivers using DDU, switched out my RAM and then switched back, reseated my graphics card, tried updating all the drivers I could, reinstalled windows, verified integrity (ofc), reinstalling the games, used process lasso to set priority. At this point I'm wondering if the GPU may be defective.

Event viewer logs;

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video12
Error occurred on GPUID: 100

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

I get this exact message each time I crash. Temps are fine and my frames in games I can play are great; dont get any BSOD's just games freezing or crashing to desktop.

Lutfij

Titan
I think the issue is with the discrete GPU's themselves. Perhaps try and drop in a concurrent or another model GPU borrowed from a friend or neighbor and see if the issue persists.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

So far I have clean installed my graphics drivers using DDU,
Did you manually reinstall the GPU drivers? If so which version are you working with?