Question Help with graphics card temp ?

Oct 20, 2023
Hello, I am very new to PCs and know almost next to nothing when it comes to the hardware, anyways I took my pc to my sisters house(which i now know you are supposed to take out some components cuz they get damaged) and everything was working the same, played some baldurs gate/cyberpunk and the temps felt fine. Now when i took it back to my house the air from the graphics card felt really hot and the glass became really hot and it smelt like burnt plastic, so I wanted to know if anything looks off or if a part fell out? I read that if the heatsink comes loose it could impact temps and im wondering how i could tighten it back up or how to check? Anything would be helpful since i live in a rural place where nobody knows anything about computers and there are no repair shops. Thank you

:)
ct4tl3E.jpg

cLZxd5o.jpg

8vz6RnL.jpg

6fqW6ZB.jpg

ilukey77

Reputable
Jan 30, 2021
remove the graphic card check the fingers for damage ( the pcb part that slots into the mother board ) and reseat it back in the mother board then check temps again

if the gpu heat sink as come away its a GPU rebuild at best
some of them pictures look like somethings not right with the way the gpu is sitting !!

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I don't know if it's the angle of the picture (1) but it looks like you have massive GPU sag. That's all I see and again is it the angle picture was taken ?
I think it's just the angle pic 2 and 3 look fine.
Hello, I am very new to PCs and know almost next to nothing when it comes to the hardware, anyways I took my pc to my sisters house(which i now know you are supposed to take out some components cuz they get damaged) and everything was working the same, played some baldurs gate/cyberpunk and the temps felt fine. Now when i took it back to my house the air from the graphics card felt really hot and the glass became really hot and it smelt like burnt plastic, so I wanted to know if anything looks off or if a part fell out? I read that if the heatsink comes loose it could impact temps and im wondering how i could tighten it back up or how to check? Anything would be helpful since i live in a rural place where nobody knows anything about computers and there are no repair shops. Thank you

:)
ct4tl3E.jpg

cLZxd5o.jpg

8vz6RnL.jpg

6fqW6ZB.jpg
Your temp says 70C what is the problem?
What temp do you get under load?