Question Help with info on drivers after fixing crash

E85boosted

Prominent
Jun 16, 2020
Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully help. I had an issue not long ago where the windows update got shutoff in the middle and it caused files to become corrupted. I didn't fully know what to do at the time and since this was my first full Pc build I didn't know the steps to take in case something like this happened. I got the windows issue fixed by doing a fresh install but this wiped everything and had me nervous. I went through trying to download all the drivers and at the same time checking the issue that started this. Im worried during the driver process I missed drivers and I am not sure how to figure out if I have all the drivers I need or If I am missing some. I don't know if you should just redownload all the latest drivers again or if this will cause issues if they are already on the computer (double files). I do have a few icons on the screen I matched to software and utilities from the driver page that are not currently on like RAMCache II, DAEMON Tools Lite. Thank you and have a good day

Build....
Asus B450f
Ryzen 5 3600x
Asus 3080
32Gb at 3200

As long as you go to windows settings, update and security, and click check for updates, windows will update itself. You can go to windows powershell (admin) and type in sfc /scannow and check for any windows file corruption. You can also go in to settings, hardware and sounds, device manager and click on each item, then right click on them to check for driver update manually if you like.

Reactions: E85boosted

E85boosted

Prominent
Jun 16, 2020
Yea I did the Scannow and also did the fix corrupted files but this didn't fix the issue. I got that issue fixed by doing a full refresh of windows but when doing the drivers I don't think I got all the drivers. I ill do the check for driver updates and see if anything comes up and I was thinking about trying one of the driver update utilities that tells you when a new driver for your system is available. This should help find any I may have missed right?