Miracle

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002

Could someone please be so kind to post some links with adventurers for
low-lvl characters that are more hack & slash oriented? like, a lot of
fighting, and less intelignet plots and all kinds of stuff that involvle
more thinking then "which modifier should I apply here" :)
Thanx!

--
I've never heard words candy and only in the same sentence before

willie

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2004

"Miracle" <.@.> wrote in message news:3908d4F5sku2hU1@individual.net...
> Could someone please be so kind to post some links with adventurers for
> low-lvl characters that are more hack & slash oriented? like, a lot of
> fighting, and less intelignet plots and all kinds of stuff that involvle
> more thinking then "which modifier should I apply here" :)
> Thanx!
>
> --
> I've never heard words candy and only in the same sentence before

I am just getting my sons into D&D and hack-n-slash is the best way to
begin. Explaing a sword attack and shield block are MUCH easier than
trying to explain a diplomacy check. The way I started them is by putting
them in "basic training". The king of the area has demanded that all young
adults coming of age must participate in his standing army for 1 year. This
premise allows me to train the boys on different manuvers as well as giving
me a great setting for 1 off missions. The first mission my boys will be
attempting is a simple scout mission. They will be told the location of an
enemy force. They are to sneak as close as possible and assess troop
strength. The truth is, the force is an advanced training group on manuvers
and there is little chance of the boys getting harmed. But they dont KNOW
that. Future missions will be given as they present themselves, but a simple
dungeon crawl seems to be in order. This less than linear approach will
allow
me to pick up the pace when they seem to feel bored, or slow it down when
they seem overwhelmed. At the end of the training, they will have gained 2
levels.
I am working up a prestige class that will allow them some funky team
combos.
This is to fulfill their love of video games. Hope my rambling has given you
few ideas.

Check out Goodman Games at www.goodmangames.com

Look at their Dungeon Crawl Classics. This one is new:

http://www.goodmangames.com/5012preview.php

I think you'll be pleased. They have plenty of lower level modules too.

- Ron ^*^

Yep yep. I'm not a big fan of 3E, but I still keep the place
bookmarked, because it has lots of juicy stuff for many different
gaming systems. Converting things over isn't all that hard, either.

Ralph Glatt

Member, Old Farts Club

Miracle

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002

Willie wrote:
<cut>
> Hope my rambling has given you a few ideas.

thanx, but my future players, aren't kids, nor are playing for the first
time, but are just h&s kind of players. on the other hand, twill be my first
DM experience, so I'd like to have all the things handled on the paper
instead of combining on the fly. just to make the things work. I got The
Sunless Citadel but haven't read it yet. Is this one suitable for my plans?

--
I've never heard words candy and only in the same sentence before

Miracle

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002

btw: did I mention - I need some free stuff to download, and for 3E :)

--
I've never heard words candy and only in the same sentence before

Go to this website.

http://www.rpgarchive.com/

Tons of free stuff for 3E. Knock yourself out.

Ralph Glatt

Member, Old Farts Club

willie

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2004

"Miracle" <.@.> wrote in message news:390p6nF5r0pveU1@individual.net...
> Willie wrote:
> <cut>
>> Hope my rambling has given you a few ideas.
>
> thanx, but my future players, aren't kids, nor are playing for the first
> time, but are just h&s kind of players. on the other hand, twill be my
> first
> DM experience, so I'd like to have all the things handled on the paper
> instead of combining on the fly. just to make the things work. I got The
> Sunless Citadel but haven't read it yet. Is this one suitable for my
> plans?

Yes, played through the Sunless Citadel and it is pretty decent for
hack-n-slash.
It does have a few non-hack parts to it, so your players will have to at
least
PRETEND to listen to a few npc's. Overall, it is an enjoyable module. If you
don't
mind spending $100, the worlds biggest dungeon is a product that is supposed
be filled with years and years of hack, slash, running, screaming, and all
the other
fun things. If you are "old school" think Temple of Elemental Evil spread
across
100 maps. Or a whole book full of Teagle Manor sized dungeons. I havent
played
it but everything I have read about it suggests it is more than ample for
your slashers.

Miracle

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002

julian814@hotmail.com wrote:
> Go to this website.
>
> http://www.rpgarchive.com/
>
> Tons of free stuff for 3E. Knock yourself out.

thanx!

--

Miracle wrote:

> btw: did I mention - I need some free stuff to download,
> and for 3E :)

http://www.dndadventure.com/html/adventures/adv1.html
http://www.dndadventure.com/html/adventures/adv2.html
http://www.dndadventure.com/html/adventures/adv3.html
http://www.dndadventure.com/html/adventures/adv4.html
http://www.dndadventure.com/html/adventures/adv5.html
Bastion Press adventure collection

The above includes many adventures from the Wizards of the Coast
website. The more recent WotC adventures are here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20030530b

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ch/20000901a
Left-hand column, under "Cliffhangers Archive"

Arivne

Miracle

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002

Willie wrote:
> Yes, played through the Sunless Citadel and it is pretty decent for
> hack-n-slash.
> It does have a few non-hack parts to it, so your players will have to
> at least
> PRETEND to listen to a few npc's. Overall, it is an enjoyable module.
> If you don't
> mind spending $100, the worlds biggest dungeon is a product that is
> supposed to
> be filled with years and years of hack, slash, running, screaming,
> and all the other
> fun things.

umf.. I think I'll be needing something shorter... maybee suitable for cuple
of sessions

> If you are "old school" think Temple of Elemental Evil
> spread across 100 maps.

well this one was supposed to be played in campaigne I play in...

--
I've never heard words candy and only in the same sentence before

"Miracle" <.@.> wrote in message news:3908d4F5sku2hU1@individual.net...
> Could someone please be so kind to post some links with adventurers for
> low-lvl characters that are more hack & slash oriented? like, a lot of
> fighting, and less intelignet plots and all kinds of stuff that involvle
> more thinking then "which modifier should I apply here" :)

Check the Wizards web site - there are quite a few. Also, try checking out
http://www.goodman-games.com/index.php
Their Dungeon Crawl Classics are probably exactly what you are looking for,
and they are cheap.

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,