Question Help with MSI H510i motherboard repair after failed BIOS flash ?

Apr 7, 2023
Dear Forum Members,

I am writing to seek assistance with repairing my MSI H510i motherboard. During the m-flash BIOS flashing process, the power was accidentally disconnected, and now the motherboard will not turn on. The CPU fan does not spin, and the fault light is not lit, rendering the motherboard unusable.

I have purchased a CH341a programmer, but unfortunately, my motherboard does not have a JSPI1 interface. It only has a JTPM1 interface, and the seller claims that this interface can also be used to flash the BIOS. However, I am still skeptical and have been unable to read and flash the BIOS onto the motherboard.

The BIOS IC is an MXIC25U25673G, which is a 1.8V chip. I would greatly appreciate any advice or guidance from the knowledgeable members of this forum on how to repair my motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Could you pass on a link to the kit that you purchased? If you don't have a clip style attachment for the kit, then your best option at this point is to remove the BIOS chip via desoldering and have it soldered onto the underside of the PCB for the programmer. You can use this guide to get you moving along.

Apr 7, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Could you pass on a link to the kit that you purchased? If you don't have a clip style attachment for the kit, then your best option at this point is to remove the BIOS chip via desoldering and have it soldered onto the underside of the PCB for the programmer. You can use this guide to get you moving along.

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I purchased this item from Taobao in China. Here is the link https://m.tb.cn/h.Usx2ozi?tk=zU0AdP2lKut
Perhaps you need to use a translation tool to look it up.

Apr 7, 2023
Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. You have been a great help to me. Although I don't have enough tools to flash it in the short term, I will update this post and share it with anyone who needs it or faces the same problem after buying the necessary tools and successfully flashing it. Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator: