El_Torrente94

Prominent
Jun 7, 2020
Hello, am building a new PC and need a suggestion for a GPU.
If the price is the same for :
  1. ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX3080TI-O12G-GAMING
  2. SAPPHIRE TOXIC Radeon RX 6900 XT GAMING OC
What is a better choice? Or GIGABYTE nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 MASTER 12GB which cost 400E less.
CPU will be I7 12700K
MB GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS PRO rev. 1.0
PSU Asus ROG Strix 1000W

Solution
Which is better is going to depend on your personal goals/targets and all that jazz...
-wanting one of the top dogs or something comparable
-money is no object... or maybe it is, since you're also considering a more affordable model
-care about that ray tracing, or maybe you'll try it out a few times and be done with it, at least until it further improvements
-DLSS Vs FSR...
-utilizing Shadowplay or Nvenc, Vs the AMD equivalents

Performance: 6900XT trades blows with the other 2 in regards to rasterization performance. It's Ray tracing and DLSS alternative is lacking. If you are only going to play a single title, it would be best to look up benchmark videos comparing the gpus.

Secondary features: Shadowplay, Nvenc, etc, are more...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Which is better is going to depend on your personal goals/targets and all that jazz...
-wanting one of the top dogs or something comparable
-money is no object... or maybe it is, since you're also considering a more affordable model
-care about that ray tracing, or maybe you'll try it out a few times and be done with it, at least until it further improvements
-DLSS Vs FSR...
-utilizing Shadowplay or Nvenc, Vs the AMD equivalents

Performance: 6900XT trades blows with the other 2 in regards to rasterization performance. It's Ray tracing and DLSS alternative is lacking. If you are only going to play a single title, it would be best to look up benchmark videos comparing the gpus.

Secondary features: Shadowplay, Nvenc, etc, are more user-friendly than the AMD alternatives, or so I've heard, so if you're going to make use of such features, it's something to consider.

Cost: 3080 12GB would be cheaper than the other 2, while still having relatable performance. 3080 and 3080Ti are going to heat your room up a little faster than the 6900XT - and it's not because of the AIO. Power use has seldom been a concern, but there are times when some complain about their room getting hot, so I thought to bring it up anyway. I live in a subtropical climate, so it's a little more important with how lousy the summers can be.
A downside with the Toxic model is getting the cooler replaced when the pump inevitably breaks after warranty, but you'll probably have replaced it with another gpu before that happens.

Solution