Jul 4, 2019
Dear friends,

I bought a new system with the following specs:

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x (with the stock cooler)
Mobo: Asrock Fatality B450 Gaming K4
Ram: G.Skill ripjaws 16 gb DDR 4, 3200mhz
GPU: Sapphire Rx Vega 56 Pulse
PSU: Corsair TX-M 750 Watt
SSD: Crucial MX 500gb (sata III)
HDD: Toshiba 1TB (sata III)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C

I put it all together and when I try to boot, the system powers up and after 10-15 seconds it powers down and I think I hear a clicking sound from the PSU. After 5 seconds it reboots again only to power down again. I also dont get any signal on my screen from the hdmi cable (either connecting it to the GPU or the Mobo).
I tried removing the graphics card, ssd and hdd and booting and the same happened.
This is my first build but I am pretty sure I did everything right. I checked all the connections to the PSU and they seem ok. Also RAMs have been put according to the manual on the 2nd and 4th slots.

Why do I have this problem and what can I do? Is it a hardware problem or have I overlooked something? If it is a hardware problem it will be hard for me to confirm it since i don't have another system to test each part separately.
Please help and thanks!

During POST (Power on self test) your system will interrogate hardware and if an issue arises it will halt.

One issue could be RAM training and Ryzen is picky. If there is a mismatch and post cannot determine correct SPD settings then the system will restart and attempt to set a new set of safe values. These values are not always the best when settings are on AUTO by default and you will have to manually set them in Bios. Unfortunately you will not be able to access your Bios if POST stops without completing.
Ensure your Bios is up to date.

First try with just a single RAM module in the first slot then test each RAM slot individually.
If the system boots then you will be able to access Bios to make changes for your 3200MHz OC RAM.
If you cannot boot then check if your RAM kit are listed on the MB QVL.
If not sure then list the RAM Part No and I will check.

There are other issues that can prevent a successful Boot however try the above first.

Jul 4, 2019
During POST (Power on self test) your system will interrogate hardware and if an issue arises it will halt.

One issue could be RAM training and Ryzen is picky. If there is a mismatch and post cannot determine correct SPD settings then the system will restart and attempt to set a new set of safe values.

I have read other users using this set of Ram and they did not have any problems. However I will test the solution you suggest and post the results.
Thanks!
Is there a possibility the problem is because the 24 pin doesn't connect properly to the motherboard? I forced but I am not sure it clicked. However, the system seems to power up nicely. All fans and lights work just fine for the 10-15 secs before shut down.

Just because a kit of RAM works in another system does not mean it will work in yours.
Doubtful it will be the 24Pin connection however all cabling and connections should be checked.
Powering up and shutting down a couple of times is usually your system attempting to set correct parameters for a successful boot.

the system powers up and after 10-15 seconds it powers down and I think I hear a clicking sound from the PSU. After 5 seconds it reboots again only to power down again. I also dont get any signal on my screen from the hdmi cable (either connecting it to the GPU or the Mobo).
Sounds like there's some connection issue and PSU protection is kicking in.
Could be short or something is connected wrong.

Also there's no point in trying video output on motherboard. Your cpu doesn't have integrated graphics.

Go through this checklist:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

Jul 4, 2019
Update on the situation
I tried both ram sticks in all positions and got the same result. I also reinstalled the motherboard on the case with only the front panel plugs, cpu and case fans, 24 pin and 8 pin on the psu and still got the same problem.
Any other suggestions? I might be able to test another set of ram from a friend later.

Jul 4, 2019
Did you go through the checklist?
Especially point #3 - standoffs? Standoff in the wrong position can cause short.

Can you make a top view photo of your motherboard and show, how it is all connected?

All standoffs are installed correctly and 99% it does not have to do with cable connections. I gave a lot of attention to this.

(Seems I can upload a picture with the conventional way in this forum, sorry).

Power is not connected,
graphics card is not connected,
can't really see, how power switch, reset switch, hdd led, power led is connected.

I see one missing screw - middle area of the board, where M.2 slot is located.

Try starting your system outside the pc case - breadboarding.

Jul 4, 2019
Power is not connected,
graphics card is not connected,
can't really see, how power switch, reset switch, hdd led, power led is connected.

I see one missing screw - middle area of the board, where M.2 slot is located.

Try starting your system outside the pc case - breadboarding.

View: https://imgur.com/a/JuDa1D8

Front panel is connected correctly accordind to the motherboards manual. Everything is connected according to the manual and guides ect. Middle screw isn't missing. It's how the case is built for the motherboard to lock on. The other screws are there.