Help with no integrated graphics

andrewh47

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
I have four gpus that I am running. When I attach all of them and try to use them I get a black screen. I believe this is a video output issue. My cpu does not have integrated graphics.
Is there a way so set priorities so only one gpu will be set as the master/priority and the others will have no video output? Or should I just buy a new cpu with intergrated graphics?

Solution

When you use multiple graphics cards, it is usually setup SLI or CrossFire hardware and it will work automatically.
If you don't use neither, SLI nor CrossFire, you need a compatible motherboard and it can be done in the BIOS.
Also, you can install just two GPUs, set one as default using Nvidia Control Panel or AMD Radeon app then power off and install the...

When you use multiple graphics cards, it is usually setup SLI or CrossFire hardware and it will work automatically.
If you don't use neither, SLI nor CrossFire, you need a compatible motherboard and it can be done in the BIOS.
Also, you can install just two GPUs, set one as default using Nvidia Control Panel or AMD Radeon app then power off and install the other GPUs.

Solution

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Huh, I think I just saw your thread on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/8xzw7g/cpu_does_not_have_integrated_graphics_what_to_do/

I would suggest what others have said in that thread. Connect only 1 GPU (allowing you to get a display), get everything installed/setup, and enable remote desktop. After that, install remaining cards and use a remote connection from another computer to control things.