Nov 17, 2023
For the last few months when playing or even just using my PC I will suddenly lose video signal. When this happens the fan on my gpu stops spinning, but everything else on the PC remains on normally. Rebooting does not bring the signal back, but if I reslot the gpu I can occasionally get it to start working again, sometimes for just a few minutes up to sometimes maybe 4 hours max. There is no rhyme or reason to how long it stays on for before this happens or what triggers it to lose signal. It can happen under idle at normal temps and it can even happen when it is trying to boot up where I get signal for a few seconds then nothing.

I have made sure there is no issue with my video cable, as I have tried multiple HDMI and display port cables.

Connections from the GPU to PSU are secure.

Reseated RAM/CPU as well to eliminate that as a possibility.

The issue is consistent no matter which PCIe slot the graphics card is in.

Because of all this I purchased a 1080 to make sure it was not my GPU going out, with the new card I got the same issue after just a few hours.

I also replaced my CMOS battery.

Any advice on what to try/where to start next?

Possibly bad motherboard? Can’t think of why it would be so inconsistent.

Specs:

Intel i9-9900k
Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200mhz
ASUS ROG RTX 2080ti (same issue when using GTX 1080)
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
Intel 660p 2tb
360mm Corsair AIO
PSU: Corsair RM850x Gold Certified (I’ve only lightly used for 2 years)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the last few months when playing or even just using my PC I will suddenly lose video signal.
First make sure that your motherboard is on the latest BIOS version. If there are updates pending, flash the BIOS to the latest version, then clear the CMOS. Then use DDU to remove all GPU drivers, then manually reinstall with the latest GPU drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.