[SOLVED] Help with possible dying monitor

KingSlayer69

Honorable
Feb 8, 2016
Hey,around a month ago I started noticing weird flickering and random freezing/screen bleeding basically everywhere(games,videos,even basic pc/web surfing)-attached a video and I'll explain why it was filmed with my phone.My gpu is a rx590 fatboy and the monitor is some samsung(idk the exact model right now),its 1080p 60hz.I wanted to show a video of this random glitching (in cs:go)to a friend and when i recorded using a screen recorder software the gameplay was perfectly fine and no artifacts were present.So I recorded the glitching on my phone and this led me to believe it's the monitor.If the screen recording play perfectly fine that means the gpu renders everything normal and the display is the problem right?I have no other monitor to try right now and I'd appreciate any help before I go buy another monitor or send my gpu to warranty.Thanks!
Recording with the phone: View: https://imgur.com/a/GTI9zJZ

Recording with screen software: View: https://imgur.com/a/KiH8d1Y

Solution
Got a ryzen 5 3600x so no igpu unfortunately.As a little update I did try a tv on it with hdmi and it worked perfectly fine in that same place in cs:go,as well as other apps I knew were troublesome.So now I'm pretty sure it is the monitor,will be replacing it in a few days,hopefully solving this issue.
Yeah its the monitor,good luck
Jan 12, 2021
My best guess is that your monitor is going out. You could attempt to verify this in a few different ways. Is your phone capable of screencasting or mini-hdmi apapter pairing to the monitor? I'd imagine this would be ideal because of the variety in framerate/resolution. Your easiest test might be to hook up a dvd player, chromecast, basically any device you have a matching adapter for. I assume you have an hdmi on your monitor, so you should try that first :) (Maybe even for s's and g's disable all dynamic resolution, motion interpolation (Auto-Motion Plus), dynamic shadows, etc) I know that there is quite a few autoadjustments constantly happening so maybe the resistor or circuit controlling those options is going out. I recently salvaged a 2008 LG Monitor I had all but given up on by replacing a few 50 cent resistors. I had a different problem where my monitor refused to turn on entirely though so not quite relevant. :/ Fixing it may or may not be possible if it is going out. If its the leds or screen, it would cost more to repair than buy a new one.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingSlayer69

KingSlayer69

Honorable
Feb 8, 2016
Could be either the GPU or the monitor.
Plugg the video cable in the motherboard and see if it works fine. (im assuming u have a cpu with integrated graphics).
Or
Try the pc with a different monitor,TV,etc..
Got a ryzen 5 3600x so no igpu unfortunately.As a little update I did try a tv on it with hdmi and it worked perfectly fine in that same place in cs:go,as well as other apps I knew were troublesome.So now I'm pretty sure it is the monitor,will be replacing it in a few days,hopefully solving this issue.

Reactions: Dj0gany