[SOLVED] Help with power cable

May 3, 2019
Hi All,

I have a Dell Precision M6600. My power cable (250v) is not working anymore. I use now my old (125v) power cable. It's working but charging is very slow. Does this affect the performance of the laptop specially for the GPU? I'm having a Nvidia Quadro 3000m. I notice also when I freshly installed its driver, playing Dota 2 reaches 150 FPS. When i turn my laptop off and turn it on again, playing dota2 only reaches 40 fps. I know that this gpu is not for gaming but why I can't reach the 150 fps again? Is this the result of not having a 250v power cable?

Solution
When systems use a weaker power supply than the were made for, a lot of times they will still use the battery. The Lenovo W models when you attach a lower wattage power supply warn you "it will work but battery can discharge". So you could be running the system on the lower power battery mode.
When systems use a weaker power supply than the were made for, a lot of times they will still use the battery. The Lenovo W models when you attach a lower wattage power supply warn you "it will work but battery can discharge". So you could be running the system on the lower power battery mode.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS