[SOLVED] Help with repairing STRIX GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2020
Hey there, so I got this card and I am determined to fix it, I have a little bit of electronics background but I don't know very much about GPUs. I have soldering equipment, hot air station so if the processor is not dead I think is repairable.

I've been trying to measure voltage while the card is running, also resistance of the components on board but I'm a little bit stuck.

Okay, here are the facts: GPU chip does not get hot Fans doesn't spin Motherboard apparently doesn't recognize it, it boots straight to the integrated graphics

What I've measured: All power rails are powered up (I might be wrong as I've had to guess where the power rails connects) Only Low(the only in horizontal position) MOSFET is getting power from one side(drain) , the rest is all zero volts No power on inductors/chokes There are no shorts in the card I believe There's 12V and ground present on fan pins

I would be very very thankful if you could help me, also if you want me to measure something I'm more than willing to try.

Thank you in advance.

IMAGES => View: http://imgur.com/gallery/Fy6E0lm

Solution
This link may be helpful to you: Reasons Why GPU fail

I have had quite a bit of luck (60% or so) with just baking the whole PCB. There are several instructables how to do this. I recommend 410F for 8 min (melt the solder). Aside from testing each transistor and cap or looking for burnt pads, I don't know where else to start.
Jun 6, 2020
This link may be helpful to you: Reasons Why GPU fail

I have had quite a bit of luck (60% or so) with just baking the whole PCB. There are several instructables how to do this. I recommend 410F for 8 min (melt the solder). Aside from testing each transistor and cap or looking for burnt pads, I don't know where else to start.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.