Feb 7, 2021
Hi,
I am new at overclocking but i saw a lot online, i have a vega 56 and i wanted to know if it will be damaged by a lot of overclocking the memory to 910 Mhz , since the normal is 800 Mhz ?
I am using it to mine but to play too, and i am afraid that i will kill my graphics card.

Solution
Hey there,

Well, in general terms a reasonable OC on the memory or core won't damage your GPU. For the most part, being able to increase mem by 200mhz would be considered a low-ish OC.

With that said, would you want to do that with a GPU that is mining constantly? (Obviously not while gaming), the point being, it won't have much chance to take a breath. That might cause your GPU to fail more often than a relatively low OC on the mem would

How much mining is being done? If the mem increase, justifies higher hash rate, then it might be worth it to you.
Hey there,

Well, in general terms a reasonable OC on the memory or core won't damage your GPU. For the most part, being able to increase mem by 200mhz would be considered a low-ish OC.

With that said, would you want to do that with a GPU that is mining constantly? (Obviously not while gaming), the point being, it won't have much chance to take a breath. That might cause your GPU to fail more often than a relatively low OC on the mem would

How much mining is being done? If the mem increase, justifies higher hash rate, then it might be worth it to you.

Solution
Feb 7, 2021
Hey there,

Basically yes, it will be mining constantly. My objective is to use it to mine as long as the mining is profitable and then still be able to play games in the future and now. Because when i change the mem clock to 950 Mhz it starts to have like glitches in my screen and i just wanted to know if it will decrease a lot is life span.

Increasing the mem clock increase a lot the hashes from like ~33 MH i think to ~38 mH.

But if the mining stays profitable maybe in the future i get another graphics card or something.