kopenhagen

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Hey my computer is running too hot, I'm at 28% CPU usage and the temps are at about 50C...
I opened SpeedFan and to be honest just don't know how to use it. It says that Fan 1 is running at 1800 RPM but fans 2-5 are not running but they are when I look at them inside the case. Why is it saying that and how do I change the fan speeds to cool the system some? I have an NZXT LEXA s case and a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 MOBO. I'm planning on getting a CPU cooler but am worried about the temps in the mean time. Thanks

I newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1800rpm means that the fan of your processor is runing at 40% or 50%, you can rise till 100% (3428rpm i think) in the BIOS.

The others fans that the programs show in 0, is 'cause you have more fans on your case, but this aren't connected to the mobo, and the program use the mobo sensors to monitor the fans.

I have 3 fans or my case, but the 3 fans aren't connected to the mobo and speedfan don't show this.

kopenhagen

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Alright thanks, I changed the settings in BIOS and it's running slightly cooler now. Does idling at 35ish sound good? I think I'm going to get a coolermaster CPU cooler to take the temps down more esp if/when I decide to OC. Thanks again!

--------------

This is a good temperature, in load i think that you can get 50c or 60c that also is good.

Now, if you get a coolermaster CPU, make you sure that is a good one (V8), 'cause in some cases, you only see 5 or 6 degrees to difference.

kopenhagen

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Alright thanks, I think it's lookin good, it does sometimes get to the high 60s under big load but other than that I think its OK. The CPU cooler I was looking at is a Hyper 212 because some others said it's a good one, is that correct? Any other suggestions? Thanks :p

-------------

Yes, the Hyper 212 is good, or the Coolermaster V8 or V10. Or anyone of the thermalright.

http://www.thermalright.com/