[SOLVED] Help with wifi on laptop

Yui Tanaka

Commendable
Apr 15, 2017
Hello everyone, I have an older Toshiba satellite laptop from around 2012 and the wireless connection will not work what ever I do. I have verified that my wireless LAN toggle is turned on In my bios, my wireless card shows up in device manager, and verified that it is not disabled, made sure that the wifi key on my keyboard is on. Nothing works. I have even replaced the card with a new one. Still nothing. Windows 10 tells me that wifi is turned off but I know for sure that it is on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Solution
Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for your wifi card so that you can rule that out as a problem ? If you go onto Toshiba's website here you will be able to lookup your model of laptop and find the networking driver so that you can install it again. Let me know how that goes.
Nov 11, 2019
Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for your wifi card so that you can rule that out as a problem ? If you go onto Toshiba's website here you will be able to lookup your model of laptop and find the networking driver so that you can install it again. Let me know how that goes.

Solution
Nov 13, 2019
Hello everyone, I have an older Toshiba satellite laptop from around 2012 and the wireless connection will not work what ever I do. I have verified that my wireless LAN toggle is turned on In my bios, my wireless card shows up in device manager, and verified that it is not disabled, made sure that the wifi key on my keyboard is on. Nothing works. I have even replaced the card with a new one. Still nothing. Windows 10 tells me that wifi is turned off but I know for sure that it is on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I also have a Toshiba Satellite(Model C50D-A-13x). I upgraded it from windows 8.1 to windows 10 about two years ago without problem. About four week a go I lost WiFi connectivity and noticed a windows update was in progress. Since then I've tried just about everything to resolve the problem and whilst I can get the WiFi back, within minutes, the machine reboots and loses WiFi. I've been in contact with Windows advisors for the last two weeks and tried everything they suggested. Today I've had three different Microsoft Advisors remotely connect to my machine to resolve the matter. The outcome is that they tell me the latest driver for the Qualcomm AtherosAR956x dated 2016 is not compatible with windows 10. Whilst WiFi has worked for the last two years, the recent update has finally brought it to a stop. I contacted Dynabook/Toshiba support this evening and their suggestion was to purchase one of their support packages to resolve the problem.
I guess the only cost effective solution is to cut my losses and buy a new machine with Windows 10 pre-installed. I'm afraid however it wont be a Toshiba on the grounds there is no support once its out of warranty. Lesson learned.