Help with windows 10 "restoring to previous version" bootloop.

Windstar

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
Heya guys...

I don't normally post questions but I think I screwed up my windows properly and I'm not sure if it is fixable...

I bought a very cheap Asus laptop because I could afford nothing else at the time and the problem is it only came with a 32GB ssd... Now that is not even really enough to install windows and office... So I bought myself an Micro SD card and followed this methode to expand my storage:

http://redmondpost.com/using-a-micro-sd-card-to-install-programs/

I then had a windows update, and upon restarting it told me that I needed at least 10GB of free space left to finish the installation, and that I should add expandable storage (and then keep this later if I want to restore windows), it also gave me the option to use the SD card... And I chose that seeing as I still have 53gb open on it. The pc restarted everything looked fine, but before it fully booted it just got stuck in a bootloop, tried to repair restore ect ect... But getting an error everytime... I have a feeling that windows is corrupt... Is there anyway I can at least save my files? Even if I have to do a wipe and clean install after that... It would really be a big blow to me if I cannot recover the data... Please help!

Uniquey

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
You'll need to remove the SDD from the laptop and connect it to a PC, either by SATA or a USB hard drive docking station.

It's possible Windows has ran out of space, so you could try cloning the SDD to a larger hard drive and extending the partition.

Windstar

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016

It is a 32GB sata m2 drive, would that still be possible?