KosmoLMAO

Prominent
Dec 15, 2022
A friend of mine wich I sold an Aqirys Pulsar LS 650w 80+Bronze want s to put it in an old pc with an i7 4790k a 1050ti gpu and 32gb of ram, but on his motherboard(Idk the model, but old ish) the cpu socket only has 4 pins, and the Aqirys powersupply has 8 pins wich can be divided in two, each with 4 pins, could I divide the cable and only insert one half of that cable into the socket wich has 4 pins, or could it break something, considering the mobo has some old age? Please help!

Reactions: artk2219

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
A friend of mine wich I sold an Aqirys Pulsar LS 650w 80+Bronze want s to put it in an old pc with an i7 4790k a 1050ti gpu and 32gb of ram, but on his motherboard(Idk the model, but old ish) the cpu socket only has 4 pins, and the Aqirys powersupply has 8 pins wich can be divided in two, each with 4 pins, could I divide the cable and only insert one half of that cable into the socket wich has 4 pins, or could it break something, considering the mobo has some old age? Please help!
Yes that is why it's made like that.
4 pins was common back then unless you had a rather high end motherboard.

Last edited:
Using one half of that cable is totally fine, it wont damage anything.

Reactions: KosmoLMAO