gordovicious

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I hope this post is in the right spot. Recently I discovered one of my GC was overheating (was the cause of my computer shutdown while running crossfire) so I replaced the card fan with a Zalman fan/heat sinks. I also left the case open and put a fun blowing inside. Everything was working fine, however my girlfriend didn't like the "mess" on the floor. So i went bought a smaller house fan and a smaller fan to put inside the case to blow on the card. Instillation went fine everything was working except the fan was pushing its power cable against a copper pipe and i was afraid it would melt overtime so i disconnected and powered up the computer........during powerup the computer now stops for a second the it resumes however I hear no beep and get no image on the monitor. I have removed each GC and all the ram, replacing each in a different slot.......nothing. I disconnected all the cables from the PSU and re-connected them....nothing. Only change is when I remove the left most stick of memory the computer doesn't stall-out during startup but I still get no image on the monitor.........did I fry my MOBO????

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am sick about what just happened :(

gordovicious

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
yeah it was...fortunately the computer is still under warranty so as soon as I get it back or get a call from the service center (I hope not) I will post what exactly happened!! the consensus is that the 2 variable speed fans that I connected to the mobo shorted it out :cry: