[SOLVED] Hi I need help/feedback on a pc build I have been planning out for about a year now, but needed some help with a few questions before...

mogeekan123

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017
before I pull the trigger. Now I posted over on pc part picker trying to get help and only one person has responded recently and I have had to repost a few times now with practically no response from people, So I am going to link it here in hopes that some of you fine people will take a look at it and hopefully give me a hand, Thank You all!

Link to posted forum

Solution
1) I have found basically zero issues in regard to using W11 for gaming as opposed to 10 in regard to Intel.

2) Due to the scheduling of your CPU as it pertains to the power and efficiency cores. Do a search on "Does 12th gen Intel work on Windows 10" and there are a number of articles to peruse.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The one aspect I will point out right away is that you will be missing feature aspects within the OS/CPU relationship if you load W10. You should consider W11 for this build.
You mention "already owning" the W10, so for SURE if you do try to utilize it, do so as a clean install. 12th gen CPU work completely different than what came before and highly likely that issues in addition to just the OS not being "for" 12th gen will crop up if this OS is out of a different system.

As to your watercooling/RAM questions I have no specific knowledge to be any help with that aspect. There are some smart folks here, so....

mogeekan123

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017
The one aspect I will point out right away is that you will be missing feature aspects within the OS/CPU relationship if you load W10. You should consider W11 for this build.
You mention "already owning" the W10, so for SURE if you do try to utilize it, do so as a clean install. 12th gen CPU work completely different than what came before and highly likely that issues in addition to just the OS not being "for" 12th gen will crop up if this OS is out of a different system.

As to your watercooling/RAM questions I have no specific knowledge to be any help with that aspect. There are some smart folks here, so....

Cool I did plan on a clean install when swapping the drive over, as for win 11 I have a couple of questions.
1: I haven't really looked into win11 and I don't know if my games will work on them, do you have any knowledge on that front, pure guess though is that all of them should work fine????
2: you mentioned that there is feature aspects, what kind of features will I be looking at?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
1) I have found basically zero issues in regard to using W11 for gaming as opposed to 10 in regard to Intel.

2) Due to the scheduling of your CPU as it pertains to the power and efficiency cores. Do a search on "Does 12th gen Intel work on Windows 10" and there are a number of articles to peruse.

Solution

mogeekan123

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017

I see , I am definitely going to go win 11 then for this build thank you for the help!

I hope I can get some others to see this post for my other questions :)