[SOLVED] Hi, I need your help please

Feb 7, 2019
Hey guys, i have a hp compaq 6300 pro with an intel core i5-3470 3.2 Ghz, and 8 gb ram, and gtx 1050 TI, so the thing is that i want to change my motherboard, and i'd like to change it to MSI H110M Pro D Socket 1151, i just wanna know if it can run my processor or not and about my budget it is limited for only this one. thank you and i hope you'd respond as soon as you can.

Solution
The motherboard and case are probably both proprietary and third party motherboards probably won't fit. If you need to get a new motherboard, you should plan on getting a new case too. The H110M motherboard is a different generation than your i5-3470 and they will not work together. You need a 7 series motherboard such as H77 or Z77. You should look for one on the used market. eBay would be a good place to start. This project would be about the same as building a PC from scratch, and you should probably look for help from somebody who has done it before.

Rataan

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
The motherboard and case are probably both proprietary and third party motherboards probably won't fit. If you need to get a new motherboard, you should plan on getting a new case too. The H110M motherboard is a different generation than your i5-3470 and they will not work together. You need a 7 series motherboard such as H77 or Z77. You should look for one on the used market. eBay would be a good place to start. This project would be about the same as building a PC from scratch, and you should probably look for help from somebody who has done it before.

Solution