Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I've seen several posts about issues people have had with hibernation on
windows xp, resulting in the error "insufficient resources exist to complete
the API". The common theme on the responses seems to be that it has
something to do with >= 2GB RAM and SP2 installed.

Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks!
Chris

chris@koenigweb.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I had problems with the default of using the mouse to wake the computer up.
Since I took this option off from the mouse and now use the keyboard ESC to
wake, I have not had a problem with locking up.

"Chris Koenig" wrote:

> I've seen several posts about issues people have had with hibernation on
> windows xp, resulting in the error "insufficient resources exist to complete
> the API". The common theme on the responses seems to be that it has
> something to do with >= 2GB RAM and SP2 installed.
>
> Anyone know how to resolve this issue?
>
> Thanks!
> Chris
>
> chris@koenigweb.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I am having the same problem since I must recently increased my RAM to 2GB.
Never a problem when had 1GB. Any solution yet?
Pete