Nov 15, 2021
Rog Gl503GE Hero Edition Gaming Laptop:

Cpu:Core i7 8750h 2.21 Ghz 6 Cores
Ram:16 gb ddr4
Gpu:Gtx 1050ti 4gb gddr5
Hdd;1TB
Ssd:128 gb

So i have an trouble while gaming and do some graphic stuffs,When i opened my laptop and play games like Rdr 2 and many other stuff my fps is so normal i had like 70-110 fps in rdr 2 with 1600x900 res and medium-high settings but after like 20-35 minutes it begins to drop to maybe 25-35 or so,and even worse 4-10 fps and it stays on it whatever the setting is,Also when im editing in After effects or Premiere pro it runs perfectly fine no troubles at all but after 20-38 minutes it begins to crashing,slow and many other stuff

Then i check my Temps at throttlestop,When the laptop started the temp is at 50-53c the Gpu its in 40c,when im playing games the temps start to rise up to 70-80 but after that its just bust up to 95-97 even 99c and the gpu its on 88c-90c even sometimes it would stay in 90c
Fans just changed and running,everything is runnning also i had extra Fan to cool me off and the laptop,air flow fine,in my country the Normal temperature is 29-36C

What must i do its starts to irritates me after getting a sudden frame drop and slow perfomance in my laptop
Must I do a repaste or do other things?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hey there,

You've answered your own questions really :)

So your CPU and possibly GPU are Thermal Throttling. They are getting too hot and have to dial back clockspeed to keep temps lower. This reduces the clockspeed, and leads to low FPS and stuttering.

You can do the following to help:

1. Undervolt with TS or Intel XTU. This may reduce temps by about 5c or so.
  2. Get a good laptop cooling pad with multiple fans. Try and find one that has a fan orientation that matched the intakes on the underneath of your laptop.
  3. Re-paste with some good quality thermal paste.
  4. Regularly clean your fans and internals of the laptop with compressed air. Make sure it is dust free.

These things together, can get your laptop back to working...
Hey there,

You've answered your own questions really :)

So your CPU and possibly GPU are Thermal Throttling. They are getting too hot and have to dial back clockspeed to keep temps lower. This reduces the clockspeed, and leads to low FPS and stuttering.

You can do the following to help:

1. Undervolt with TS or Intel XTU. This may reduce temps by about 5c or so.
  2. Get a good laptop cooling pad with multiple fans. Try and find one that has a fan orientation that matched the intakes on the underneath of your laptop.
  3. Re-paste with some good quality thermal paste.
  4. Regularly clean your fans and internals of the laptop with compressed air. Make sure it is dust free.

These things together, can get your laptop back to working order.

Solution

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
Seeing the laptop specs, i'm gonna make a wild guess and presume the laptop has a a few years under its belt.
If that is the case, the chances are the cooling solution has gathered a fair bit of dust, pocket lint etc.

Before doing anything more exotic, i'd suggest giving the cooling solution a generous whiff of compressed air from a can.
These cost like 2 bucks on amazon.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

rustedmetal

Reputable
Sep 30, 2018
Rog Gl503GE Hero Edition Gaming Laptop:

Cpu:Core i7 8750h 2.21 Ghz 6 Cores
Ram:16 gb ddr4
Gpu:Gtx 1050ti 4gb gddr5
Hdd;1TB
Ssd:128 gb

So i have an trouble while gaming and do some graphic stuffs,When i opened my laptop and play games like Rdr 2 and many other stuff my fps is so normal i had like 70-110 fps in rdr 2 with 1600x900 res and medium-high settings but after like 20-35 minutes it begins to drop to maybe 25-35 or so,and even worse 4-10 fps and it stays on it whatever the setting is,Also when im editing in After effects or Premiere pro it runs perfectly fine no troubles at all but after 20-38 minutes it begins to crashing,slow and many other stuff

Then i check my Temps at throttlestop,When the laptop started the temp is at 50-53c the Gpu its in 40c,when im playing games the temps start to rise up to 70-80 but after that its just bust up to 95-97 even 99c and the gpu its on 88c-90c even sometimes it would stay in 90c
Fans just changed and running,everything is runnning also i had extra Fan to cool me off and the laptop,air flow fine,in my country the Normal temperature is 29-36C

What must i do its starts to irritates me after getting a sudden frame drop and slow perfomance in my laptop
Must I do a repaste or do other things?
90 degrees? Yikes. Like stated before open it and change the thermal paste if you haven't within a year, check the vents and fans for clogs. Is it still running hot?