Question high CPU temperature at my I7-12700KF

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
so maybe if i will buy a case that can fit a AIO of 360mm on roof,this would be the best combination for my CPU temperatures but also my overall PC temperature right?
The best for CPU temperature would probably be the front, however I myself run a 240mm in the roof because I don't want to starve my GPU for airflow. It does depend somewhat on the case but my two cents would be to put it in the roof.

Reactions: COSMINiftime1705
but the cases are important depending of description?like full-tower or mid-tower,etc.
i mean if there could be difficulties about compatibility with my components(Motherboard,Cpu,Gpu,etc)
I would expect a full tower to have strong radiator support. However mid towers can vary in size and some will have better support than others. I would probably opt for a mid tower that was big enough for a 360mm AIO up top.

The manufacturers websites will normally say what the radiator support is. A popular case that's quite flexible with water cooling is the Lian Li 011 Dynamic. I personally use a Fractal Design Meshify C White because I needed something more compact to fit my desk. It doesn't support 360mm in the top but the Meshify 2 does. Fractals website is also a bit easier to navigate than others so it's easier to find out what you can fit.

Aug 4, 2023
i studied a bit and i found that the only AIO of 360mm that can't fit there is the one from Arctic because of the width of the radiator,but others can fit there
And if my choice is DeepCool AIO of 360mm,it would mean that it's perfect in a way or another

i studied a bit and i found that the only AIO of 360mm that can't fit there is the one from Arctic because of the width of the radiator,but others can fit there
And if my choice is DeepCool AIO of 360mm,it would mean that it's perfect in a way or another
The Artic is more tricky because the radiator is slightly thicker than normal. A full tower case most likely wouldn't have an issue, but they can get quite large and they tend to be more expensive.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I recognize this case. It's Aerocool's Aero One.
Well done, I had no idea what it was. I've just checked, it supports a 360mm AIO at the front and 240mm at the top.
All cores hitting 100C during CSGO? That game loads maybe 2 cores.
This screams of incorrectly installed cooler mount; push pin coolers aren't exactly easy to get correct.
It does yes, I still wouldn't have anything less than a 240mm AIO on it though.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It does yes, I still wouldn't have anything less than a 240mm AIO on it though.
Ehh, it depends. If they're just playing CSGO on that cpu, the C400 would be doing SOMETHING if it were mounted CORRECTLY.
I dislike push pin coolers because of their trickier installation and that the pins wear down over repeated installs/removals.
OP could just get a AK620 or Peerless Assassin, or something similar and call it a day.

look guys,some stats again from my CPU in idle...clearly is not normal...

View: https://imgur.com/a/z1gkIWk
Didn't you just lock the cores to base clock? None of the cores are sleeping.

Aug 4, 2023
Ehh, it depends. If they're just playing CSGO on that cpu, the C400 would be doing SOMETHING if it were mounted CORRECTLY.
I dislike push pin coolers because of their trickier installation and that the pins wear down over repeated installs/removals.
OP could just get a AK620 or Peerless Assassin, or something similar and call it a day.

Didn't you just lock the cores to base clock? None of the cores are sleeping.
i just turned off Turbo boost to not reach 4.7 GHz to not force my CPU in this state...

zx128k

Reputable
You can limit the power draw of the cpu, that should keep temps under control and give more performance.

A cooler that has greater than 190 tdp will hopefully cool the cpu better. I would go with what Phaaze88 says and get a better cooler but also I would be very cautious about 100c temps in cs:go.

Aug 4, 2023
You can limit the power draw of the cpu, that should keep temps under control and give more performance.

A cooler that has greater than 190 tdp will hopefully cool the cpu better. I would go with what Phaaze88 says and get a better cooler but also I would be very cautious about 100c temps in cs:go.
and how could i limit this?i really don't know this...And about 100c temps ,it's not only in CS GO,but even in cs 1.6 from 2000...an old game..

zx128k

Reputable
and how could i limit this?i really don't know this...And about 100c temps ,it's not only in CS GO,but even in cs 1.6 from 2000...an old game..
Poster above talked about checking if the cooler is mounted correctly. Have you been able to do this? Sometimes the cold plate has a plastic cover, if not removed it will cause this issue. Also you should check that the fan for the cooler is plugged in and the fan itself is spinning.

Your motherboard manual has the information on how to limit power draw for the cpu. Don't mess with it if you are not sure what to change.

There are two power states, PL1 and PL2. Think of it as base and boost, you can set the power limit for both in the bios. If you've disabled turbo boost though it should only run in it's PL1 state, which will default to 125W normally.

Aug 4, 2023
There are two power states, PL1 and PL2. Think of it as base and boost, you can set the power limit for both in the bios. If you've disabled turbo boost though it should only run in it's PL1 state, which will default to 125W normally.
well when i turned off Intel turbo boost,even with 3.6 GHz my temperature was between 95 and 100 degrees.So this mean that even with 3.6 GHz frequency my temperature still reach 100 degrees..

zx128k

Reputable
well when i turned off Intel turbo boost,even with 3.6 GHz my temperature was between 95 and 100 degrees.So this mean that even with 3.6 GHz frequency my temperature still reach 100 degrees..
There is something very wrong if you are hitting 100c with very little cpu load. I would 100% check if there is something wrong with the cpu cooling setup.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023
Poster above talked about checking if the cooler is mounted correctly. Have you been able to do this? Sometimes the cold plate has a plastic cover, if not removed it will cause this issue. Also you should check that the fan for the cooler is plugged in and the fan itself is spinning.

Your motherboard manual has the information on how to limit power draw for the cpu. Don't mess with it if you are not sure what to change.
about fan,i checked it and it is fine from every aspect.That's why i'm worried....and about motherboard settings,i'm not familiar with those,And for this reason i didn't changed anything but Intel turbo boost