Question High CPU temps??? What could be the problem

Apr 28, 2019
I just finished building my rig, Im running a ryzen 5 3600x on it with a hyper 212 Black Edition cooler.
On idle I get around 45 degrees and under load I sometimes hit 90, Should I worry?>?

I just finished building my rig, Im running a ryzen 5 3600x on it with a hyper 212 Black Edition cooler.
On idle I get around 45 degrees and under load I sometimes hit 90, Should I worry?>?
Did you remember to remove the plastic on the heat pipe base? The temperatures on a 3600X should be somewhere around 65-75c under "normal" loads like games with a Hyper 212 Series cooler.

Apr 28, 2019
I played a bit of Metro Exodus, CPU running well at like 65 Degrees
Now I went onto steam to install GTA 5, CPU jumps from 50 to 70 every couple of seconds and the fan goes crazy to cool it off. What is going on?

Specs:
STRIX B450-F GAMING
Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2060 Super Windforce OC
2x8 3200mhz HyperX Predator
Ryzen 5 3600x
Seasonic Focus GX-550W 80 Plus Gold

Apr 28, 2019
UPDATE: It doesnt matter if Im downloading or not, even if nothing is on CPU just spikes up for example, It's on 48 degrees, spikes up to around 55, sometimes even goes to 65, and as soon as it drops below the 50's it spikes up again

UPDATE: It doesnt matter if Im downloading or not, even if nothing is on CPU just spikes up for example, It's on 48 degrees, spikes up to around 55, sometimes even goes to 65, and as soon as it drops below the 50's it spikes up again
Check what is running in the background. If you have to, do a clean install of Windows and start over with just the basics. Drivers, game launchers, Virus scanner if using one and Browser. It might possibly be a Google Chrome process running, like the hard drive scanner nonsense to "guard itself" from "harmful" programs. That scanning prompted me to switch to Brave which is based on Chrome, but without all the additional spying stuff. https://brave.com/

Apr 28, 2019
Check what is running in the background. If you have to, do a clean install of Windows and start over with just the basics. Drivers, game launchers, Virus scanner if using one and Browser. It might possibly be a Google Chrome process running, like the hard drive scanner nonsense to "guard itself" from "harmful" programs. That scanning prompted me to switch to Brave which is based on Chrome, but without all the additional spying stuff. https://brave.com/

I'll do that, thanks!

brotherwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Nov 2, 2018
Hah! Seems like a lot of people are having these weird idle temp issue with ryzen 3000 series including me (3700x). And it seem like it's "normal" with AMD. But hey what do I know it's my first AMD processor.