High cpu usage

Orbigod

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Hey all,

My system never had this problem before, as i was able to run a game and run recording/streaming software at the same time. I got a litlle busy for almost a month, and two days ago came back to record and noticed a huge cpu usage reaching 100% and frames dropping to 15-25 frames, please not that i have tried doing everything i could possibly do, like unparking cpu, overclocking cpu, uninstalling and reinstalling GeForce experience.

This problem occurs with all games I've got.

I run windows 10 64 bit,
my specs are : i7 6700k, 32 mb ram, gtx 1080 msi gaming edition, m7 gaming msi mobo.

Orbigod

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Thank you DaronMal for the reply,

Will try a stress test for sure, i have overclocked it to 4.6 and the problem still exists, and the specs are the same as before nothing changed at all, i just wanted to know if this problem caused by windows due to an update or is it a software related, and when i do the test does it give you a log file that i can post here?

DaronMal

Distinguished
I would definitely try running the stress test for at least 30 minutes, it'll put a full load on the CPU, so if there's an overclocking issue it'll definitely tell you. If nothing happens, then maybe doing a clean install of the GPU drivers with DDU (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html) and reinstall the newest ones.

Orbigod

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Did a stress test, all normal temps didn't exceed 55c° and and all went well,and i did use DDU yesterday in safe mode and installed the latest drivers, i will blame it on windows to be honest, because this is not the only problem that i am having, logitech gaming software also crashes when i try to mod my keyboard it works fine with my mouse and headset, this is another topic, just letting the frustration out, thank you very much for the advice, my frustration just took over me.