Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
Hello everybody!

Before i state what is the problem, i will leave my specs:

I9-9900K
RTX 3080 STRIX OC 10 GB
16 GBs of RAM 3600 HyperX
Z390 AORUS ELITE Motherboard
PSU should be Cooler Master Gold 750 W (not 100% sure)
SSD Samsung Evo nvME 2.0 1TB

Sorry if i didn't type something correctly.

Anyway, my problem is that in most of my games i don't see the performance i have. I have a LG 2K 144 Hz monitor, and people are telling me that my computer should be able to run everything on max even on 2K
with at least 60 fps. I don't exactly expect to have 144 Fps in games such as Red Dead 2 or anything very demanding, but i can't seem to reach even 60 Fps at points, even with turned down graphics, whilst Geforce Experience recommends me "Everything Ultra".
So i decided to ask if anyone can maybe help me figure out the problem with my low performance, i tried a lot of stuff, Nvidia control panel, putting system on high performance, reinstalling drivers even reinstalling Windows and nothing worked so far.
I take good care of my Pc, but i just feel like i lack perfromance somewhere where i should be having no trouble.
Games i've played mostly are:
Red Dead Redemption 2
AC Valhalla
Cyberpunk
AC Origins
Valorant (which even there on everything low i have barely above 200 fps, but since i do play Valorant competitively, i do think i lack performance)

In all of these games, my Fps was barely over 60-70 on Ultra 2K resolution, whilst in Cyberpunk, Valhalla & RDR2 i even drop to 40-50, which i don't expect on my Pc, not that often at least.

Thanks in advance guys, i hope i will get at the bottom of this with your help!

Nick C.

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
Try to see if your performance is different than this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc7p5aBWabw

replicate as much the games and settings as you can and see if it's different than what you have.
As for the first toubleshooting step, update drivers.
Hey thanks! Quick question though, my Nvidia drivers are up to date, but should i update drivers for motherboard, processor or i don't touch those? I update my Graphics drivers as soon as a new one drops, but i was never quite sure about the rest.