Question high ping in discord and ping in games is ok

Jun 29, 2023
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/959862769543430184/1124035946518687775/image.png Hi , my ping in games like valorant and csgo is normal , but ping teamspeak and discord voice is way unstable like above 1000ms even i tried many ips and servers in both of them but it's not working and btw i tried server near my city or country in teamspeak i can see it's huge ping spikes like 400ms jitter 800ms jitter even above 1000 jitter

Last edited:
Do you only see these numbers in the application or have you tested with a actual ping command.
Try to ping the IP address with a simple ping command and see if you get similar number. In many ways you hope this is a application error rather than a true networking problem.

The big issue you have is your traffic only has one option it is send and received on the single cable you buy from your ISP. If there was some issue with that or your router etc all IP addresses would be affected. If there was some difference in the internet path between your ISP and the ISP that discord uses and the path that goes to the game server ISP there is not much you can do to fix that.

You can also run tracert to try to find a problem router in the path that is different between discord and your games but again unless it is in your ISP network you are not going to get that fixed. Even inside your ISP it will be hard to get to talk to a tech that understands a problem like this.

Note if your pc does show a problem a actual ping command try to use a different device and see if it also sees high pings. If it is only your pc then it can be some software on your pc causing it.