Question High ping on only one computer. Disconnects, high DPC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rinart73

Prominent
May 21, 2021
I have an ASUS X556UR notebook connected to a home WiFi. Everything was fine, apart from rare disconnects (computer losing router, which I thought to be signal stength/distance issue at the time).

However 2 weeks ago my internet got a lot worse. Basically now I have occasional 2-7 seconds ping in MMO games and browser, losing connection, disconnecting and losing router in the WiFi list (reappears in few seconds). Initally I thought that it's ISP fault, then router. But other notebooks and phones have no issue while my notebook does. So I realised that the problem is in my notebook.

Windows Update and Windows Defender are off.
There were no system/driver updates/configuration changes in the last 2 weeks. I literally didn't move notebook from the table.

I tried:
  • Manual disconnect/reconnect to WiFi router
  • Reboot
  • Moving notebook closer to the router
  • Updating WiFi, sound, display drivers
  • Windows 10 "Network troubleshooter"
  • Disc and RAM scan
  • Virus scan (Kaspersky)
  • WiFi adapter settings reset
What I can't try to check or use as a solution:
  • Connect to the router via cable (lack of cable)
One: https://pastebin.com/KNPg6WAV
Two: https://pastebin.com/vr2F4WcX

Additional info: I noticed that during lag spikes my sound and mouse cursor stutter as well.

Last edited:

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I have an ASUS X556UR notebook connected to a home WiFi. Everything was fine, apart from rare disconnects (computer losing router, which I thought to be signal stength/distance issue at the time).

However 2 weeks ago my internet got a lot worse. Basically now I have occasional 2-7 seconds ping in MMO games and browser, losing connection, disconnecting and losing router in the WiFi list (reappears in few seconds). Initally I thought that it's ISP fault, then router. But other notebooks and phones have no issue while my notebook does. So I realised that the problem is in my notebook.

Windows Update and Windows Defender are off.
There were no system/driver updates/configuration changes in the last 2 weeks. I literally didn't move notebook from the table.

I tried:
  • Manual disconnect/reconnect to WiFi router
  • Reboot
  • Moving notebook closer to the router
  • Updating WiFi, sound, display drivers
  • Windows 10 "Network troubleshooter"
  • Disc and RAM scan
  • Virus scan (Kaspersky)
  • WiFi adapter settings reset
What I can't try to check or use as a solution:
  • Connect to the router via cable (lack of cable)
One: https://pastebin.com/KNPg6WAV
Two: https://pastebin.com/vr2F4WcX
Why would you have Windows updates turned off? It’s always best to keep it up-to-date (for security and performance reasons). That may be the problem if you haven’t updated your system in a long time.

Aside from fully updating your system, you should update your drivers from the official Asus website. It sounds like you don’t like to do updates, but they could completely resolve this issue.

Last edited:

Rinart73

Prominent
May 21, 2021
Why would you have Windows updates turned off
Because in the past I had wonderful experience on Windows Update stealing my internet while I was working or playing. And when I finally updated I lost internet connection and had to download new WiFi drivers on another notebook ASAP.
I usually prefer to not touch stuff while it works.

That may be the problem if you haven’t updated your system in a long time.
Could you explain how that can be a problem if it started 2 weeks ago. There were no system changes. Why would it spontaneously start?

you should update your drivers from the official Asus website
Already tried this. No luck.

Rinart73

Prominent
May 21, 2021
Additional info: I noticed that during lag spikes my sound and mouse cursor stutter as well.
Also I must admit I have a pirated Windows 10. Another reason why I can't update. Basically when my HDD failed I wasn't able to save my initial OEM Windows 10 key and service installed me a pirated Windows 10 Pro.

bignastyid

Titan
We will not assist with troubleshooting your pirated OS. If you nuke a pave and install the OS version(home or pro)that came with system it should reactivate without a key.
Since forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.