Question Higher temps with new AIO

Jun 26, 2022
I am having higher temps after installing an AIO (ID-COOLING FROSTFLOW X240) . Before I was only using a stock CPU fan.
On idle with couple windows open right at 52celsius, when playing COD Vanguard it is getting around 70celsius with the new AIO.. On my old fan it was going around 60celsius when gaming and maybe around 40-50celsius when on idle if I remember correctly.

Jun 26, 2022
this is my first AIO and did went into BIOS and assuming yes I did set it to 85%+ for the speeds. the CPU is Ryzen 5 3600x, Case is Phantek Eclipse P300A, GPU is Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 REV 2.0, the fan config I do not know atm since I still looking at my PC, the radiator is in the front as it's only place you can put it in with the case. the tubes are on the top part since the bottom area it would not fit. I am planning to get a new case now and returning the radiator for a 360 sized one instead.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ryzen 5 3600x
Pursues higher boost curves the better the cooling is.
If you didn't record the cpu's boost behavior with the older cooler to compare to, you wouldn't notice it - just the higher thermals.

the fan config I do not know atm since I still looking at my PC, the radiator is in the front as it's only place you can put it in with the case.
You made sure the back side of its fans are facing inside the PC? [It's the side with the 4 'arms' connecting the middle to the rest of the fan frame.]

I am planning to get a new case now and returning the radiator for a 360 sized one instead.
Why? You are potentially trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

this is my first AIO and did went into BIOS and assuming yes I did set it to 85%+ for the speeds. the CPU is Ryzen 5 3600x, Case is Phantek Eclipse P300A, GPU is Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 REV 2.0, the fan config I do not know atm since I still looking at my PC, the radiator is in the front as it's only place you can put it in with the case. the tubes are on the top part since the bottom area it would not fit. I am planning to get a new case now and returning the radiator for a 360 sized one instead.

I agree with @Phaaze88 here. The positioning and placement of the AIO is key. Swapping it out for a 360 doesn't really solve your issue.

Can you take a pic of the inside of your case, so we can see what's going on?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
View: https://imgur.com/a/mafrv42

I was already planning to get a new case for cable management and for a 3060 or 3080 since it would be little tight, sorry if it sounded like I was getting it for the radiator lol.
Yep.
"You made sure the back side of its fans are facing inside the PC?" [It's the side with the 4 'arms' connecting the middle to the rest of the fan frame.]

Your AIO's fans and the top fan are backwards.

Jun 26, 2022
Yep.
"You made sure the back side of its fans are facing inside the PC?" [It's the side with the 4 'arms' connecting the middle to the rest of the fan frame.]

Your AIO's fans and the top fan are backwards.
ah, damn lol. already knew about the top fan which wasn't really worried about that much but thanks for the help man.