Hitachi Confirms 4TB 3.5-inch HDD, Shipping Now

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]qiaoqiao147[/nom]This HDD regularly gets synced up to it's sister drive which lives in the fire-safe, along side the other hard drives backups of music, movies and TV shows - some legitimate, others not so, but who the f**k are you to judge me?[/citation]
Judge? Are you saying labeling something for what it is, is judging? I find it strange that, in some cases, personal backups are defined as illegal copies of copyrighted material, but I know that my feelings do not change the law. It's one thing to do what you want, expecting consequences if you are caught; It's another to decide that the law is not what - it actually is. That's delusion (but It's not for me to judge).

G

Amen, my kids have thrown DVD's on the ground and stepped all over them. After having to re buy some of the shows I already paid for I decided it was time to use the PC as a jukebox. Try mediabrowser with Windows 7 and you can use your remote. It makes it so much easier, anyone that has paid for a video in my opinion has the right to watch it when and how they want assuming your not charging people or giving it away. If you want to watch on your Ipad, PC, portable player or game system, you paid for the right to watch it already and should be legal to do so. Thats just practical, but it will probably take some court cases before Hollywood allows it.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]cyborg1299-[/nom]...anyone that has paid for a video in my opinion has the right to watch it when and how they want...[/citation]
Correct. It is "your opinion". It's still illegal by the contract you entered into at the time of purchase. Sad, but still true. It should and could be different, but it is still not. I find it interesting that people spend so much energy getting angry about how it should not be this way, but do not put that energy into changing it.

G

Tell that to those that have been fined, and who should we contact? That information would be helpful for the community to know. LAW is constantly being defined by the current cases, its never static. We have to stand up for whats right its part of being an American. Also if you look at legal issues their is a lot of junk laws still in existence to this day, should everyone follow those outdated rules and regs. We have to do the best we can, but if it does come down to a day in court most of us will fight the laws that aren't right and with a little luck maybe even win a case or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.