Question Hitman 2 stuttering using new gpu

Jan 8, 2019
PC Spec :
i5 2400 3.10 GHz
Gpu: gtx 1060 3gb
Psu: EVGA 400W N1
Motherboard : asus p8h61-m lx r2.0
Ram : 8gb DDR3

So, i bought a 2nd hand gpu gtx 1060 3gb, when i play hitman 2 on (720p)and then the ram usage is going crazy using all of the ram for just 1 minute. After it reach the maximum of ram usage which is 8gb it starts to stuttering and the weird thing is the cpu usage almost always reach 100% usage no matter if i set it to lowest setting or high setting. So is my cpu bottlenecking my gpu?
here's the picts:
Lowest settings. Overide memory guards: yes
View: https://imgur.com/a/7lyMTOI

Lowest settings. Overide memory guards: no
View: https://imgur.com/a/IPsng0D

High settings
View: https://imgur.com/a/RnOiTcy

If i turn on the overide settings, it only slow down for some minutes untill it reach the maximum of ram usage again.
and when i try to use my rx 560 2gb vram it runs smoother with low to med settings and only get some frame drop when its in the crowd but not much. So, what causing the problem? is my cpu holding back the gpu? if the problem is the ram, this game is run smoothly only with only 2gb vram (low to med settings). so what do you think guys?

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
The 100% CPU usage does indicate that your CPU power limit has been reached and that the GPU can't do more in these cases. It's not always at 100% CPU usage when the performance issues surface, though.

Did you uninstall the AMD Radeon drivers using DDU yet? Make sure you've erased the AMD driver completely. You could afterwards do another DDU driver uninstall for your NVidia GPU and then reinstall the Nvidia drivers.

Got a screenshot of your GFX settings in Hitman 2?

Jan 8, 2019
The 100% CPU usage does indicate that your CPU power limit has been reached and that the GPU can't do more in these cases. It's not always at 100% CPU usage when the performance issues surface, though.

Did you uninstall the AMD Radeon drivers using DDU yet? Make sure you've erased the AMD driver completely. You could afterwards do another DDU driver uninstall for your NVidia GPU and then reinstall the Nvidia drivers.

i'll try to reinstall nvidia driver using ddu. btw i have erased all amd driver files using ddu too

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
To be honest if you did, then I don't think your current Nvidia driver is the issue. It's more so that DX12 drivers with Nvidia software aren't as good as AMD's DX12 drivers. It might just be for that reason that DX12 performance won't do so well with certain hardware setups.

Jan 8, 2019
To be honest if you did, then I don't think your current Nvidia driver is the issue. It's more so that DX12 drivers with Nvidia software aren't as good as AMD's DX12 drivers. It might just be for that reason that DX12 performance won't do so well with certain hardware setups.
im using windows 7

Jan 8, 2019

tried it, still the same