Kezz

Distinguished
May 25, 2003

Been playing HL 2 for ages now great game.

Dug out my old HL 1 game.

I forgot how good it is.

With all the different elements in HL 1 makes for real enjoyable game play.

There is non of that in HL 2, What a pity.

Does anyone else think HL 1 is better game play?

kezz

--
Remove the obvious if replying by mail

kezz wrote:
> Been playing HL 2 for ages now great game.
>
> Dug out my old HL 1 game.
>
> I forgot how good it is.
>
> With all the different elements in HL 1 makes for real enjoyable game
play.

> There is non of that in HL 2, What a pity.
>
> Does anyone else think HL 1 is better game play?

Yes. In HL1 you knew what you were trying to do and why.
It also played like one single game, not the series of different game
styles that HL2 is.

Not to say HL2 isn't a great game, in many ways it's more fun to play,
especially Ravenholm and Highway 17. But overall HL1 has the edge in
gameplay.

But sequels are never as good as the original, are they?

"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> But sequels are never as good as the original, are they?

Well....rarely :p

dukeman

kezz wrote:
> Been playing HL 2 for ages now great game.
>
> Dug out my old HL 1 game.
>
> I forgot how good it is.
>
> With all the different elements in HL 1 makes for real enjoyable game play.
>
> There is non of that in HL 2, What a pity.
>
> Does anyone else think HL 1 is better game play?
>
> kezz

I'm afraid i'll have to agree with you on that...
It doesn't have great physics (or the physgun for that matter) but i
liked barney better in HL...

Dukeman wrote:
> kezz wrote:
> > Been playing HL 2 for ages now great game.
> >
> > Dug out my old HL 1 game.
> >
> > I forgot how good it is.
> >
> > With all the different elements in HL 1 makes for real enjoyable
game play.

> > There is non of that in HL 2, What a pity.
> >
> > Does anyone else think HL 1 is better game play?
> >
> > kezz
> >

> I'm afraid i'll have to agree with you on that...
> It doesn't have great physics (or the physgun for that matter) but i
> liked barney better in HL...

At least he had the courtesy to die when you shot him.
There was one fan map where you had to get through a doorway which
Barney was guarding. He wouldn't let you pass and you had to kill him.
A nice attempt to inject some pathos into the game. You had to decide
that saving the world was worth murdering your best mate.

MJ

yeah, HL 1 miles better.